Solution Designer - Oracle ERP 8/18/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Cox Automotive, a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for the automotive industry, is seeking a Solution Designer with Oracle ERP experience to join our Oracle ERP team located North of Atlanta, GA in the Dunwoody area.
The Oracle Applications Solution Designer is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This role serves as lead functional analyst, solution designer, configurator, and validator. The solution designer interviews and brings stakeholders together to determine business and technical requirements for a proposed project, and then converts them accurately into both high level and detailed functional requirements. The solution designer will conduct analysis of business processes, and develop user scenarios intended to further the understanding of the desired business change or need. Examples of deliverables include the documentation of business process flows, functional requirements, user scenarios and test cases to support process changes and/or the delivery of IT projects. The individual is well versed in the Oracle E-Business Suite modules that support Order to Cash processes. The solution designer is experienced in configuring and extending E-Business to support an evolving and dynamic business environment. This person is seen as a lead resource within IT that is knowledgeable as to how E-Business can be and is being leveraged to support business operations and the company s financial community. The solution designer must often rely on prior experience and sound judgment in order to plan and accomplish all goals.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE: Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12, Agile, Waterfall, RICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Leads design efforts to modify and add new functionality to Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Financials, including designing functional specifications for RICE (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions) items.
* Partners with Business Owners to understand their needs and develop innovative solutions that balance timeliness, scope, and complexity.
* Facilitates meetings with stakeholders to elicit business and functional requirements.
* Develops a deep understanding of business needs from a financial and accounting perspective and how technology solutions impact the business community.
* Supports a team mindset with all project members, business owners, and customers to work towards shared goals and objectives.
* Creates and maintains Oracle DS-140 (functional design) documents.
* Owns configuration updates for at least 1 module within Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS).
* Knows which technologies and/or Oracle E-Business modules can accomplish certain customer goals, and when customizations would be required.
* Conducts analysis that identifies impacts to current state business processes or the technology solution.
* Provides process and system improvement recommendations that assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives.
* Perform unit testing and validate testing results meet requirements.
* Mentors other Business Analysts as needed and conducts peer reviews of key deliverables to ensure documentation is complete and covers all necessary elements.
* Develops a deep understanding of Cox Automotive applications, customers, and business processes within the areas they support.
* Able to interact and develop relationships with all levels of personnel, including management, from both business and technology teams.
* Experienced in developing business and use case documents along with a cost/benefit analysis.
* Communicates with impacted departments and project team members to properly manage expectations and ensure everyone understands the scope, requirements and timelines for a planned technical solution.
* Knows how to identify risks and escalate potential issues in a timely manner to avoid missing milestones.
* Analyzes process model for gaps, process improvements, and strategic impact.
* Understands all knowledge areas of business analysis (as defined by BABOK), including requirements planning, management, elicitation, communication, documentation, and solution validation.
* Ideal candidate would have 5+ years of experience as a functional analyst/lead on 2 or more implementations of Oracle EBS R12.
* Experience as a member of a project team that migrated RICE items from one system to another is a plus.
* Experience with business modeling and requirements management tools.
* Knowledge of project management and software delivery methodologies.
* Candidate should have worked on both Waterfall and Agile development projects, and ideally been on large scale projects where a hybrid of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies was utilized by different technology teams.
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or related area, or equivalent work experience .(5+ years of professional Business Analysis experience is required).
* CBAP certification a plus.
* M.S., Ph.D., or other advanced degree a plus.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
* Ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions, and collaborate with a team in a fast paced environment.
* Candidate must also have solid planning and organization skills, strong attention to detail, and be customer focused.
* Implementation experience with Oracle E-Business Suite of applications including: Order Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and/orCash Management. Knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Project, etc) and related software programs is essential.
* Financial and accounting background is a plus.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines within specified time constraints;
* Ability to adapt to changes in assigned work tasks, duties and priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim , Autotrader , Kelley Blue Book , Dealertrack , vAuto , Xtime , NextGear Capital and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-7000 Central Pkwy NE
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing