Solution Engineer, Higher Education
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SALESFORCE.ORG SOLUTION ENGINEER, HIGHER EDUCATION
What if you were empowered to solve the most complex problems nonprofits face today* What if you had the best social and mobile cloud technology stack to achieve that goal* What if you could work for a company that believes that top line growth is as important as giving back to the community* What if you could work alongside the best and brightest in the industry to craft innovative solutions and transformational strategies* All this in a driven, collaborative and rewarding environment... Sounds like fiction, you say* Absolutely not! Here at the Salesforce.org, we call it #DreamJob!
Salesforce.org is committed to and focused on increasing the efficiency of the global social sector. To achieve this goal, we are building a social enterprise to deliver Salesforce's world class CRM and technology platform solutions to the higher education & non-profit markets. We're looking for exceptional candidates to join the Salesforce.org Solution Engineering team. If you possess intellectual curiosity, great problem solving skills and an unwavering belief that the right technology can solve any problem then you are the ideal candidate for the job.
A Solution Engineer plays a pivotal role in aligning innovative strategies to technology solutions within key strategic Higher Ed accounts. This role focuses on partnering with clients and collaborating with internal team members and C-level client contacts to drive consensus on multi-product technology solutions across the Salesforce platform. Solution Engineers work on a wide array of assignments including business development, operations and IT strategies, as well as executive level product demonstrations. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative solutions forward while also improving business performance.
TYPICAL DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SALESFORCE.ORG SOLUTION ENGINEER LOOKS LIKE...
* Discover and analyze individual customer goals and challenges and map those back into the Salesforce solution portfolio
* Design innovative solutions to address challenges and build those solutions on the Salesforce platform. Present customized story-driven demonstrations aligned with key business value and solution differentiation.
* Function effectively in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and successfully balance multiple projects in a team-selling environment
* Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
* Actively enable the broader Solution Engineering team and cross-functional distribution to team to more effectively position the value of the Salesforce portfolio.
* Respond effectively to RFIs and RFPs
* Participate in training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in role
* Attain quarterly and annual objectives that you will define collaboratively with your manager
* Travel domestically
* Knowledge or interest in the higher education market
* Technical expertise in any of the following industries (enterprise data systems and analytics, business intelligence, web analytics, CRM, enterprise search and content management systems)
* Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems in complex environments
* Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
* Proven time management & prioritization skills in a dynamic environment
* Knowledge of latest trends in web technologies and online marketing
* B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, MBA, or equivalent work experience
Salesforce.org is a nonprofit social enterprise leading a global revolution in philanthropy. We impact hundreds of millions of people by delivering the world's best technology solutions to nonprofit and educational organizations at affordable rates. Our unique model allows us to generously give back to the community through strategic grants focused on education and workforce development. We inspire Salesforce employee giving through our donation matching program and by driving volunteer engagement in communities around the world. We are a global force for good.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.