Solution Engineer (Innovation Lab)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/20/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Build your dream job:
Your view: the waterfront. Your team: inspired A-players. Your ideas: shattering boundaries. Your benefits: stellar. Life in the city by the bay is sweet, especially when you work with the Innovation Labs & Demos team. Are you an entrepreneur at heart who prefers working (and playing) in a hyper-collaborative environment to get your creative juices flowing* At Salesforce, we make the tools that help people work better. We put customers first. And we're looking for a disruptive engineer who wants to play on the best team.
You're a Solution Engineer if:
Your curiosity is insatiable. Your brain craves challenges. You'll take things apart and blow stuff up as much as you enjoy building amazing new things, because you never stop learning. You're a maker, a doer, a thinker. You distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions. You're meticulous and excited about beautiful apps.
You're passionate about new technology. You're hungry for new ways to do things. You follow the latest trends, use fundamental engineering and development principles, and contribute to the Salesforce community and ecosystem.
This is a think-tank styled position where you'll develop innovative solutions to influence our customers' futures and shape the next generation of Salesforce. We will take these ideas and build early versions of products, write articles on industry trends, and feed the tools and lessons back to the organization.
Our customers vary in industry and purpose and as such, projects will vary with one overarching commonality: innovating on how businesses operate and connect with their customers.
We'll be creating solutions like responsive applications for users on mobile, tablet and desktop. We'll build data fusion applications that make use of information from multiple sources, combining them to create even more efficient processes. We'll build smart algorithms that learn user behavior and predict actions. Projects will even involve building connected hardware solutions to push the envelope of the Internet of Things.
This is a unique position at Salesforce that combines Salesforce expertise with an interest in business, product development and marketing to build the future of business tech. If you have experience with Salesforce and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can dream, build, present your creations, and most importantly, make an impact - this role will be a great fit for you.
* Develop demos for connecting businesses with their customers in a whole new way
* Work with a team of product marketers, developers and designers to create compelling, industry leading demos showcasing the power of Salesforce products and the customer success platform
* Be the team's Force.com , Heroku and Fuel expert - set up, develop and customize Salesforce solutions
* Be the first to see, learn and build inspirational demos around the latest Salesforce solutions
* Keep current with technology trends. Ensure Salesforce remains the thought leader in cloud computing by incorporate emerging technology into compelling, innovative demos
* Collaborate with Salesforce product managers, product marketers on new product launches
* Support product demos at worldwide customer meetings and our Executive Briefing Center
* Communicate product ideas to key stakeholders and executives
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent combination of education and practical experience
* Programming experience in the salesforce.com platform and the force.com developer toolkits (Visualforce, Apex, Force.com IDE , REST API, Fuel, etc)
* Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer/Advanced Developer preferred
* Confident personality with the ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance
* 3+ years experience in technical product marketing, sales engineering, product management or technical implementations
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.