Solution Engineer, Non-Profit 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
SOLUTION ENGINEER, NON-PROFIT
Salesforce.org is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to empower its community of stakeholders to accelerate impact in a whole new way!
Salesforce.org impacts thousands of organizations and the millions of people they serve by delivering the world's best nonprofit and educational technology solutions at affordable rates. It also inspires employee giving by matching their donations and driving volunteer engagement in the community. And it leverages a unique self-sustaining model to generously re-invest the revenue generated back into the community through strategic grants focused on education and workforce development.
We're looking for exceptional candidates to join the Solution Engineering team within Salesforce.org . If you possess intellectual curiosity, great problem solving skills and an unwavering belief that the right technology can solve any problem including world hunger (no really, we mean it!) then you are the ideal candidate for the job. Prior experience with technology and enterprise selling in the non-profit industry is highly desirable. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must. Finally, the ability to take complex technology: explain it in a simple and easy to understand way to propel non-profit institutions in achieving their mission. If you believe you have these skills, we want to talk to you.
TYPICAL DAY (OR MONTH OR YEAR) IN THE LIFE OF A SALESFORCE.ORG SE LOOKS LIKE...
* Understand non-profit customer goals and challenges and map those back into Salesforce's product portfolio
* Design innovative solutions to address these challenges, build those solutions on the Salesforce platform and present customized demonstrations back to the customers
* Present Salesforce's technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
* Respond effectively to RFIs and RFPs
* Participate in the right trainings and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective
* Attain quarterly and annual objectives that you will define collaboratively with your manager
* Travel domestically, every now and then...
* Function effectively in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and successfully balance multiple projects in a team-selling environment
* Knowledge of the non-profit or higher education market
* Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems in varied political environments
* Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
* Proven time management & prioritization skills in a dynamic sales environment
* Knowledge of related applications, relational databases, and web technology
* Past or present experience programming in web based technologies
* B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, MBA, or equivalent work experience
* Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.