Solution Management Program Manager, Cloud and Infrastructure Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Blue Bell, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
Location: virtual (as needed travel)
Position Overview :
The Solution Program Manager provides critical program leadership for Cloud and Infrastructure Solutions. In today's IT environments, organizations are asked to do more with less. You are looking for ways to reduce costs, improve service levels and reduce risks and meet compliance requirements. You're trying to make smarter investments, automate processes, and adjust your IT infrastructure to better keep pace with the business.
Unisys helps you execute your cloud and data center strategy to provide you the speed, flexibility and efficiency your business deserves. We will help you: Select your applications based on your business priorities, Secure your workloads from data breaches and Manage your IT environment through a single pane of glass.
The Program manager works closely with the Solution/Product Manager and is responsible for the full lifecycle of all solutions within a service line including offerings, assets, capabilities and platforms. The Program Manager will be engaged from investment planning through program plan development, launch, post-launch and end-of-life for multiple, concurrent solutions. Their involvement extends to all releases and includes pilots and pre-releases (e.g. Beta releases).
* Work directly with service line leadership as well as across the company with Architects, Product Development, Marketing, Sales and Service Delivery as well as members of the organization at senior levels.
* Ensure that client requirements have been included in the solutions being developed and client and market needs are visible and aligned throughout the lifecycle.
* Support the Solution/Product Manager in the Investment Planning Phase through collaboration on budget construction, business case development, roadmap development and process alignment.
* Contribute to the development of the Program Plan including staffing/resources, coordination with other lifecycle functions and work with the Solution/Product Manager on investment spend management against milestones, facilitating cross-solution interdependencies and actively ensuring marketing and sales readiness in support of the roadmap.
* Identify solution risks and ensures mitigation actions are in place.
* Ensure successful Launches and/or Releases as well as a well-managed lifecycle for all aspects of the Service Line.
* Assign and oversee the project/launch/release staff and is engaged to support, guide and resolve issues.
* Provide Program-level reporting as required by all levels of the organization including that which is required for Stakeholders and Senior Leadership. On occasion, the Program Manager may be engaged to lead the Phase Gate Reviews on behalf of the Service Line Leadership.
* Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the Solution Lifecycle Methodology and its application for the service line and works with the Methodology Lead to adapt to any program specific requirements as well as offers and implements opportunities for continuous improvement in the Methodology.
* Accountable for the implementation and execution of governance for the service line, Including but not limited to supplying the Plan of Record (POR) Review cadence for service line solutions.
* Monitor, manage and execute change management/control of key program deliverables (e.g. roadmaps, artifacts).
* At least 10 years of experience in leading successful complex portfolio project teams in a concurrent setting
* Experience leading projects at the Enterprise level
* Demonstrated knowledge in Cloud and Infrastructure offerings
* B.A. /B.S. in IT or related
* Experience in leading Global / Distributed project teams
* PMP/PgMP certification desired
* ITIL V3 Foundation Certification desired
* Six Sigma (strong benefit, optional)
* Agile Scrum Master desired
* The successful candidate will have experience in the following disciplines: * Portfolio Solution Management
* Solution Management Methodology
* Service Solution Development
* Product Development (engineering)
* Solution/Product Lifecycle Management
* Portfolio Marketing
* Solution Delivery
* Account Management (Client facing experience)
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). M/F/Disabled/Veterans.