Solution Manager - Retail PCR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The position is that of a holistic product manager with responsibility for the development and realization of program business plans through all phases of a product lifecycle. Key activities include development of product requirements and value proposition, global pricing strategy, product roadmap, competitive analysis, drive cost reduction initiatives, as well as work directly with sales and marketing organizations to drive market share growth.
The Solution Manager will be responsible for managing multiple solutions targeting the Petroleum Convenience Retail segment. Candidate must be results orientation and collaborate effectively with both internal and external organizations including Sales, Product Marketing, Pricing, Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Customer Service as well customers, partners and suppliers.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Leads cross-functional team in concept development, new product introduction and lifecycle management for assigned product / product category
* Accountable for all program metrics, including development schedule, cost, unit sales, revenue, margin, product quality, market share and customer satisfaction
* Gathers, prioritizes and documents product requirements and validates value proposition
* Supports and works directly with global sales organization for product training, sales strategy, customer presentations and RFP responses
* Provides direction, content and support for product marketing efforts including trade shows, marketing programs, webinars, and sales collateral
* Represents specific solutions and/or the Petroleum Convenience segment internally and externally - including customer meetings, industry trade shows and events
* Performs competitive analysis and monitors market / technology trends
* Develops global pricing strategy
* Defines cost targets and manages cost reduction activities
* Strong leadership, project management and people skills required to motivate and direct a team of independent contributors from various functional areas including engineering, customer services, operations, supplier management and product marketing
* High energy level, good organization and multi-tasking skills necessary to achieve constantly changing mix of short, medium and long-term objectives. Ability to manage interruptions in schedule to respond to ad hoc sales queries, new customer opportunities and escalation of program issues
* Strong analytical skills, business and decision modeling proficiency in Microsoft Excel required to develop and support recommendations
* Confidence and presentation skills needed to interact effectively with senior management, key customers and partners in both selling and problem-resolution scenarios
* Natural curiosity and self-motivation to learn and keep current on technical aspects and trends for assigned product category in areas that impact cost drivers, user experience and performance
* 10+ years of related experience in Product Management, Marketing, Operations or Sales within the high tech industry
* Limited domestic and international travelrequired depending on program assignment, primarily to meet with customers/prospects, support trade shows or sales training
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS* 10+ years of experience in product management or sales / marketing related to Retail point-of-sale or self-service solutions
* Experience specific to Petroleum Convenience Retail including major oil brands
* Experience related to food service operations and technology solutions
* Experience related to payment solutions including EMV
* Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time and on budget
* Technical knowledge of retail point-of-sale / self-service technologies
* Ability to be creative as well as analytical, organized and detail oriented
Strong communications skills