This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MISSION:
Unlock the power of information. Our software and hardware products enable 86 percent of the world s Fortune 500 companies to protect, identify, and manage data within the world s largest and most complex environments from traditional data centers to private, public, and hybrid clouds.
Veritas helps enterprises address information management challenges with a complete, organized product strategy and roadmap focused on their needs. Our backup and recovery, business continuity, software-defined storage, and information governance products help keep businesses up and running so they can focus on what they do best.
The need for Veritas has never been greater. Unchecked data growth is an expensive burden and a potential security risk. With a majority of the world s enterprise data holding no legal, regulatory, or business value, the cost in time, money, and resources to store and manage it is staggering.
But how do companies separate the valuable from the volume? Veritas solutions help them identify the needles of high-value information buried deep inside every corporate data haystack. Our approach to helping companies defy the data deluge is governed by three beliefs:
Not all data is created equal. Infrastructure availability does not equal business uptime. Know what data you have, keep only the data you need.
The majority of target-rich data, housed in general IT systems and metadata, is information that Veritas already touches with our backup, archive, and storage management solutions. We re uniquely positioned to bring these together to provide companies with access to information that drives informed decision-making.
Veritas generated $2.5 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2015 and is a recognized leader in markets that are estimated at $11 billion today. Based in Mountain View, California, we employ approximately 7,800 employees in 37 countries.
Helping to identify new opportunities, collaborating with sales peers to qualify opportunities, and driving the technical close process on all relevant Veritas solutions.
* The Solution SE is responsible for ensuring partner satisfaction regarding technical aspects of end user.
* Map customer IT strategies to technical requirements and then to workable Veritas solution architectures.
* Architect the solution through to implementation planning.
* Collaboratively develop and articulate an end to end solution design, inclusive of consulting, support and education.
* Provide focused leadership across technology area to drive initiatives with virtual teams in Area.
* Translate customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions.
* Explain to the customer the complete solution deployment lifecycle
* Identify and execute assessment led selling opportunities.
* Solution selling of all offerings within the Veritas Portfolio.
* Perform essential sizing, tuning and configuration, and recommend solution best practices.
* Provide customer with complete solution designs which may include 3rd party products.
* Articulate and document how Veritas solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors
* Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and credibility.
* Become recognized as a thought leader and source of advice for other functions.
* Deliver product and technology briefings.
* Train, mentor and collaborate with Technical Sales & Services (TSS) peers
* Function as the technical lead in the development of responses to RFIs and RFPs.
* Proactively engage and communicate with the Business Units, Marketing and Sales.
* Employ industry leading best practice and TSS methodology and tools
* Identify revenue impacting support escalations and pro actively engage with required parties (both internal and external) to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution.
* 8+ years of successful technical systems and sales engineering experience in the Information Management, Storage, Technology consulting and/or data protection industry.
* Specific experience in assessing customers' technical maturity against their defined goals and matching those assessments to solutions which meet or exceed client expectations.
* Presentation ready knowledge of several Veritas or competitor solutions and expertise in products making up one or more solutions.
* Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
* Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
* Able to articulate how Veritas solutions integrate with [and enhance] customer s existing 3rd party install base.
* Broad product and solution knowledge of market trends in the Information Management industry and business.
* Collaborative spirit and excellent written/verbal communicator..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.