Solution SE - Public Sector 8/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Veritas empowers government departments to gain better visibility and insight into unstructured data to control it, store it, and keep citizen services available. Access to information is the key. Both citizens and agencies depend on access to government information for a variety of critical services.
Veritas provides high availability and wide-area disaster recovery technologies that minimize downtime risk and accelerate recovery, enabling agencies to achieve their missions.
The Veritas Public Sector Sales Engineering team is responsible for aligning the proper solutions that will allow Federal customers maintain access to their critical information at all times.
* Articulate the overall Veritas value proposition, vision and strategy to customers and partners.
* Map customer IT strategies to technical requirements and then to workable Veritas solution architectures.
* Architect the solution through to implementation planning.
* Collaboratively develop and articulate an end-to-end solution design, inclusive of consulting, support and education.
* Provide focused leadership across technology area to drive initiatives with virtual teams in Area.
* Translate customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions.
* Explain to the customer the complete solution deployment lifecycle.
* Identify and execute assessment-led selling opportunities.
* Solution selling of all offerings within the Veritas Portfolio.
* Perform essential sizing, tuning and configuration, and recommend solution best practices.
* Provide customer with complete solution designs which may include 3rd-party products.
* Articulate and document how Veritas solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors.
* Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and credibility.
* Become recognized as a thought leader and source of advice for other functions.
* Deliver product and technology briefings.
* Train, mentor, and collaborate with Technical Sales Organization (TSO) peers both locally and across NA
* Function as the technical lead in the development of responses to RFIs and RFPs.
* Proactively engage and communicate with the Business Units, Marketing and Sales.
* Employ industry-leading best practice and TSO methodology and tools.
* Identify revenue-impacting support escalations and pro-actively engage with required parties (both internal and external) to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
* 5 + years of successful technical systems and sales engineering experience in the Information Management, Information Management consulting and/or data protection industry.
* Specific experience in assessing customers' technical maturity against their defined goals and matching those assessments to solutions which meet or exceed client expectations.
* In-depth knowledge of either Windows 2003/2008 or UNIX Operating Systems and be working toward attaining knowledge of the other.
* Direct hands-on experience with VERITAS information management products such as NetBackup, PureDisk, Backup Exec, and Symantec E-mail Archiving Solutions.
* Proficient System Administration skills in one or more of the following: High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recovery concepts, NAS and SAN Certifications a plus.
* Experience with storage hardware configuration such as servers, storage array and tape drive libraries.
* Experience with clustering/replication technologies, disk and tape backup methodologies.
* Proficient System Administration skills in one or more of the following: High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recovery concepts, clustering / replication technologies, server management, and Configuration management.
* Have the ability to handle project management responsibilities for implementation of company related solutions assigned by the manager.
* ITIL, VMware, and/or RedHat certifications a plus.
* Must be recognized as a subject matter expert in the area of data protection and information management with the ability to architect end-to-end data protection strategies for customers.
* Collaborative spirit and excellent written/verbal communicator.
* Superior time management and self-motivation skills.
* Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
* Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
* Able to articulate how Veritas solutions integrate with [and enhance] customer s existing 3rd party install base.
Knowledge of Federal agencies a plus, but not a requirement..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.