This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB ID: 154
JOB TITLE: SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
LOCATION: BURLINGTON, MA
DURATION: FULL TIME, DIRECT HIRE
You will be responsible for Technology sales and demos and for assisting prospects with server and middle tier configuration, integration and solution design as well as responding to technology questions on RFPs. System integration and customization may involve the use of XML messaging, client's web services, ETL tools and/or database techniques. You will create technology demos and prototypes including messaging and web services. In addition you will help in the pre-sales role of helping sell consulting services as well as client's technology as a whole. Strong written and demo skills required as well as development/prototyping.
* Provide technical consultancy to install, troubleshoot and optimize product usage, to prospects especially as it relates to the technology supporting the application
* Provide installation and technical support for pilots and demos
* Provide technical support to assist sales with prospective clients and Implementation Managers with new clients as they are being implemented
* Detailed knowledge of several of the following technologies:
* JSP Development
* C# and Microsoft .NET development
* Tomcat configuration and optimization
* Service Oriented Architecture
* Enterprise Service Bus
* N-tier application architecture
* SOAP/XML and messaging software like MQ Series, Tibco, MSMQ, Sonic MQ and Open JMS
* Database systems design and tuning for Oracle, MS SQL Server or Sybase.
* Extract Transform and Load tools such as Informatica
* Exposure to the following is a plus:
* Perl programming
* Citrix MetaFrame
* Solaris, Linux, Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
* Ability to travel as needed to customer sites to perform on site
troubleshooting and consulting engagements
* Minimum of 3 years in software development and/or technical support around the required technologies.
* Strong software integration experience
* Strong systems integration design skills
* Broad knowledge of N-tier application architecture
* Broad knowledge of messaging integration (ESBs)
* A background in portfolio management and trading system applications is preferred although second to technical knowledge
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
SKILL SET (KEY SKILLS REQUIRED)
ALL of the following are required of this role:
Solutions Architect experience in software company or large consulting firm focused on building technical solutions for financial domain customers.
Depth of knowledge of buy-side investment management, ideally front and/or middle-office.
Strong Technical Skills/background (per description).
Sales (Pre-sales, Sales Engineering, etc.).
STRONG PROPOSAL WRITING (OWN THE PROPOSAL PROCESS).