Solutions Architect - Cisco
SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT - CISCO SOUTHERN CA
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
The Solutions Architect will have a very strong pre-sales background, who can work with current accounts and prospects to design and assist with selling multi-vendor Enterprise solutions. As a key member of the field Sales and Engineering team, a Solutions Architect will provide analysis, design, justification, and in some cases, high-level implementation support.
* This person will work closely with Datalink sales, technical services and support group, external vender partners, and the customers.
* The ideal candidate should be experienced in architecting Cisco Unified Communication solutions, and have a strong background in virtualization technologies.
* Experience in architecting and selling Virtual Data Center solutions such as FlexPod, Nexus Switches, or other is highly valuable.
* This person will serve as an Architect in designing solutions as part of Datalink's field sales teams.
* This position will require some travel and is customer facing.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science/Technology or related field. 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 5+ years pre-sales or hands-on experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
* Current Cisco Certification such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
* Core switch and router fluency including 6500, 7600, 4500, 3900/3800, 2900/2800 for technical hands-on deployments
* Cisco Data Center products familiarity key including Nexus 7000/5000/2000 and UCS servers.
* Other related data center technologies of importance are Security products including Firewalls and IDS, Cisco or others.
* Exposure to virtualization, VMWare specifically. Any Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V and Red Hat nice to have.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, able to write responses to proposals, SOW s, migration plans, etc.
* Assessment and configuration tools like Netformx, Cisco Commerce Workspace and/or Solarwinds.
* Excellent technical pre-sales skills, including formal presentations and white boarding of virtualization, compute and disk solutions.
* Excellent knowledge of with networking technologies.
* Experience working with storage, server and backup products.
* Excellent analytical abilities, resulting in problem resolution.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.