Solutions Architect - Health & Life Sciences
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Health & Life Sciences practice as a Solutions Architect. The Solutions Architect assists the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. Possesses a strong knowledge of SAS products. Participates in and may lead the design process. Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services.
* Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive, and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
* Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS s credibility primarily in sales situations.
* Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
* Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
* May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
* Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
* Installs SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
* Assists in the response to RFI/RFP s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
* Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
* Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events).
* Demonstrated SAS Software knowledge, including analytic, reporting, data management and Health and Life Sciences industry solutions
* Hands-on career experience with advanced statistics, data mining, data management or business intelligence tools
* 5 or more years of industry knowledge covering one or more of the following:
* Health economics and outcomes research, real-world evidence
* Drug or device safety
* Quality analytics for drug or device manufacturing
* Analysis of longitudinal data sources
* Pharmaceutical sales operations
* Clinical trials operations
* Patient-reported outcomes
* Commercial or marketing analytics for the pharmaceutical industry
* Understanding of sales strategies and cycles
* Strong problem-solving, organizational, decision-making and communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to balance multiple, concurrent projects and priorities and work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to travel 20-50%, or as business requirements dictate at management discretion
* Project management skills
* Knowledge of IT issues and current trends, including security, enterprise architecture, and data quality
* Work location in SAS office or from home based on location
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn