Solutions Architect- Intelligence Lead Policing, Eastern U.S.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
* The Solution Architect role provides a critical role on Motorola's Intelligence Lead Public Safety (ILPS) portfolio sales and deployment cycles.
* This individual is required to use their deep technical knowledge and presentation ability to support solutions sales.
* The Solution Architect will take a lead role in the deployment of ILPS solutions, owning the design and driving it to acceptance.
* Individuals in this role must be capable of managing requests from multiple internal and external sources and prioritize tasks to optimize results and establishing satisfied customers.
* Incumbent will be required to conduct extensive travel to perform effectively.
* Provide ILPS design ownership and deployment support for all customers in your territory.
* The ILPS portfolio includes: Motorola's CommandCentral suite of products and the Digital Evidence Management Solutions (DEMS).
* Provide technical support to assist with writing Requests For Proposals (RFP) and Requests For Information (RFI). To include: System Diagrams, Equipment lists, System Descriptions, and
Statements Of Work (SOW).
* Gather detailed technical requirements and configuration information from the customer's systems and users to assist with the scoping of work and reducing deployment/development risks.
* Take ownership of each ILPS deployment in your territory and ensure the system is accepted with the highest level of customer satisfaction.
* Provide enablement support for MSI's Field Engineering teams on technical designs and during deployments.
* Provide technical support for demonstrations at specific lead generation events such as road shows and private demos as time permits.
* Provide Tier 3 technical support for customer issues (Time permitting).
* Provide support for opportunities outside your territory (Time permitting).
* Provide customer feedback to the business team using input from channel partners on the ILPS solution portfolio.
* 5+ years of pre sales or technical sales experience
* Excellent communications skills; Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical people
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills are essential, as the job requires direct contact with Motorola's customers and business partners.
* Preferred experience with all of the following: Software as a Service (SaaS) design and implementation, VMWare, Window 7 & 10, Windows Server 12, Linux, SQL, Android, IOS.
* Must have a working knowledge of Video and Camera systems.
* Must have a working knowledge of IT system design and troubleshooting.
* Preferred experience or familiarity with Video Analytics, Social Media Analytics and Data search techniques.
* High energy, outgoing personality -
- willingness to speak up and share opinions and ideas.
* Desire to work independently to find solutions to amorphous projects without direct supervision.
* Ability to prioritize, and independently manage time while dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks with separate deadlines.
* Learning agility, capability to quickly grasp high level technical concepts.
* Location: Flexible work location, support will be focused in the eastern United States.
Some Desired Industry Certifications:
* Security+ (GPS103 CompTIA Security+ Prep Course & Exam)
* Network+ (GPS101 CompTIA Security+ Prep Course & Exam)
* CISCO CERTIFIED ENTRY NETWORKING TECHNICIAN (CCENT)
* Cisco Certified Design Associate Certification (CCDA)
* Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
* Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE)
* Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr)
* Cisco Networking (CCNA), CCNP, CCIE
* Juniper Networks Certified Expert (JNCIE)
* Juniper Networks Certified Professional (JNCIP)
* Juniper Networks Certified Specialist (JNCIS)
* Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA)
- FortiGate Multi-Threat Security Systems I
- FortiGate Multi-Threat Security Systems II
* Certified Axis Professional
* IPELA Certified
* Endura Certified
* Genetec Security Center, Omnicast and License Plate Recognition (LPR)
* Milestone Expert and Advanced Certification
* ONSSI Ocularis 101 and Certified Channel Partner
* NiceVision Certified
* Vidsys Level 1
- PSIM User, Admin, Expert Training
* Pivot3 Certified
* VMware Certified Associate-VCAC510-Cloud, VCAW510-Workforce Mob., VCAD510-Data Center
* VMware Certified Professional 5
- Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
* VMware Certified Professional 5
- Desktop (VCP5-DT)
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RGCE)
* MCITP: Virtualization Administrator
* MTA -Microsoft Technology Associate
- IT Infrastructure, Database
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Win 7
- Win Server 2012
5 - 10
*BSEE/CE or relevant STEM discipline OR Equivalent Industry Experience/Training *5+ years experience