Solutions Architect 9/1/2016
Eastridge Workforce Solutions
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This company is looking for a Solutions Architect who's primary responsibilities include leading the design, development, and enhancement of solutions within the Enterprise Data Management area. You will develop, manage, and solutions to ensure best practices and extensibility. The ability to lead projects from requirements to implementation is a must. This is a position that will require the ability to complete all phases of a development project and will requireon-call support. Primary responsibilities include requirements analysis to gain an understanding of business needs to develop level of effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing, performing design and code reviews, and development of technical documentation. Additional responsibilities include performing system analysis, code modifications, and functional testing to troubleshoot application production issues. The resource will have a functional understanding of the operational systems as well as the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), particularly how the data is presented and managed within those systems. This position will involve the scoping and development of applications to bring added value to Pinnacle Entertainment organization.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the use of application development tools such as Visual Studio, C#, SharePoint, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
* Knowledge in various BI platforms, which can include Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAS, etc.
* Ensure that applications are developed in compliance with architectural guidelines and standards and consistent with the Software Development Life Cycle and the established Change Control process.
* Maintain expertise in evolving development tools, platforms and coding methodologies.
* Defines objectives and adapts processes by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
* Complete mapping and transformation programs and support documentation specific to deployment
* Create and implement solutions to increase productivity and benefit of enterprise applications
* Identify areas to improve upon the efficiency of existing applications.
* Perform code reviews, unit testing, and system testing as needed for other development efforts. At a minimum, code reviews, unit testing, and system testing should ensure all requirements have been addressed, all basic functionality works, and errors are handled properly
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Ability to produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
* May work with users or assist a team to accurately define and develop business requirements.
* May be assigned to participate on Q/A teams or perform Q/A process tasks.
* Write and maintain system design and technical documentation, as assigned
* Develops and sustains a multidimensional semantic layer and BI query objects for end users
* Creates reports and reporttemplates as needed.
* Helps business users select the appropriate tools and solutions, leveraging both new and existing technologies.
* Translates business questions and requirements into sustainable and robust solutions.
* Knowledge of a wide range of tools, architectures, functions, and features
* Understands SQL and relational and multidimensional designs
* Perform systems analysis and functional testing as needed.
* Minimum 7years of experience in Information Technology, which can include Application Development, Project Management, etc.
* Ability to work with conceptual and abstract concepts and translate these into tangible results.
* Solid background in database technologies
* Bachelor's DegreePreferred.