This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
Cambia is seeking a solution architect to support the development of technology solutions. Solution architects work closely with IT and business partners to specify the architecture and design constraints for the technology solutions within Cambia. As such, the solution architect works closely with enterprise architects to update plans and roadmaps, support Cambia s and IT s strategies and, leverage and define reference architectures and enterprise solution patterns. Solution architects provide expert advice to business partners and IT about how to best solve tough business and technical problems. Solution architects are involved in and lead the investigation of new technologies (applications, systems, software, hardware, etc.) are being contemplated to solve a problem, or when it is unclear which existing technologies to use or how to tie them together.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent is responsible for the following:
* Applies reference architectures and patterns to the architecture and design of technology solutions and services.
* Clearly documents all solution within the EA Modeling Environment.
* Actively participates in the review and governance of architecture quality.
* Participates in the process of setting architectural standards and actively supports architectural standards.
* Accurately estimates resources and time scales needed to execute a project or plan a service implementation.
* Provides overall technical leadership to multiple product teams.
* Audits project status to ensure architectural direction is being followed.
* Acts as a key resource to Cambia IT and to other functional groups on technical matters.
* Actively partners with key internal stakeholders, customers and industry contacts to develop stronger understanding of industry trends/customer needs.
* Oversees the design of the technology solutions based on project requirements and reference architectures and design patterns.
Architectural Competencies and Knowledge:
* Demonstrated architecture experience in a single business unit to line of business or single technology field.
* Subject matter expert in one or more major platform and relevant technologies and how those platforms relate to overall technology infrastructure.
* Has worked in agile environments with solid devops capabilities.
* Has deep knowledge of REST-based architecture.
* Possesses comprehensive understanding of competitor s products and related technologies how those products and technologies compare with existing technologies.
* Understands and resolves highly complex large scale or systems level problems. Able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot such problems utilizing team resources to coordinate solutions.
* Proficient at software design and writing code to solve a broad range of problems of varying complexity.
* Capable of leading product teams to execute product strategies throughout engineering. Ability to actively support and influence product family objectives.
* Ability to apply verbal, written and persuasive communication skills to influence others both individually and groups.
* Proficient in utilization of audio/visual tools to effectively present to groups and capable of presenting technical information to other functions or groups both inside and outside of the organization.
* Ability to influence and lead project direction and work with peers to implement ideas and concepts.
* Ability to work with business in their language to support and promote concepts.
* Demonstrated high levels of personal output and ability to increase the productivity of architecture function.
* Knowledge of Archimate and TOGAF, or equivalent frameworks.
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering or related/relevant field with an advanced degree preferred plus ten years in IT with a minimum of two years of technical leadership and architecture experience and at minimum of five years experience evaluating business requirements and designing complete systems solutions in complex environments plus strong business understanding including health insurance technologies and regulations.
* Experience in the healthcare/health insurance industry and systems is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This role may be hired at an Architect level I or II, DOE
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.