This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONKobie is one of the most creative marketing agencies in the business. But we're even more so a tech leader with our own proprietary loyalty program platform. This is an opportunity for a left-brained innovator to complement our right-brained ideators.
As the primary product and technical liaison to our business departments, client IT departments, and field sales force, the Solutions Architect's key activities will be to design and manage the solution evaluation for prospects then follow each client's journey through implementation. You will be working in the solution architecture organization but strongly supporting our client teams through technical documentation, client and product solution design, campaignmarketing support, and on-site product demonstration. As a key component of our client implementations and our long-term support model, the right candidate should be proficient at translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional requirements for efficient development and project completion.
The Solutions Architect participates in the business and technical relationship with the client and is tasked with creating innovative solutions for every client's complex needs. This person needs to understand the business problem, be an effective communicator and able to create a solution that hurdles many obstacles, utilizes current technology and works within the service provider landscape. Their marketing and strategic acumen will help ensure each loyalty program is drafted with the client's financial, business, technical, and loyalty goals always in focus.
The Solutions Architect must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users and must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal counterparts and prospect/client stakeholders throughout the sales and product development cycles.
Solutions Architects report to the Director of Solutions Architecture in Kobie's IT Department and will engage with many agency associates, including: Project Managers, Interactive Developers, Software Engineers, Client Services, Art Directors, Senior Development Architects, Analytics, Quality Assurance, Data Analysts, Finance, and Strategists.
As a Solutions Architect, you will:
* Become an expert in Kobie Marketing's application platform
* Interact directly with business-oriented internal and external clients, providing a translation layer to technically-oriented marketing technologists
* Be able to convey customer requirements to IT, Operations and Product Management teams
* Support new clients throughout their implementations as the leading Solution Architect
* Be comfortable communicating with and representing Kobie's brand with Fortune 50, 100, and 500 clients
* Create supporting documentation and processes for new technology configurations, customizations and functionalities available to clients
* Be comfortable navigating database visualization tools to self-motivate and self-teach on client specific code branches or business logic
* Produce high-level visuals and diagrams of solution designs
* Work with QA to create and execute Quality Assurance test plans to validate functional requirements
* Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
* Approach all programs and clients with a holistic understanding of their business, technology and marketing goals in order to provide sound development advice and create strong technology offerings with the assistance of IT colleagues
* Help build business cases and define pre-packaged and bundled solutions
* Provide pre-sales support for bundled and custom solutions
* Be responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
* Be able to assist with functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
* Be able to assist with solution pricing process via the creation of technical LOEs (level of effort)
* Travel for sales presentations and initial Statement of Work (SOW) definition and Business Requirements Document (BRD) gathering session(s)
* Be available to represent the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
* Collaborate with the Director of Solutions Architecture, CIO, developers, and participating project stakeholders to ensure the planned approach works before you ask the team to follow it
* Travel varies per client with peak times during initial project kick-off and sales cycle (Overall time may reach 10% total travel)
FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE WITH:
Describing a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), API Stack, and Overall Technology in Relation to Given Business Use Cases
Creating Product Roadmaps
Creating VISIO, Data Flow Diagrams, Functional Design Diagrams, and reading an ERD
Evaluating Technical Partnerships
Communicating both Business and Technology Strategy
Collaborating on a Cross Functional Pricing Workbook
Writing and translating Business Requirements to Functional Requirements and Functional Design Documents
Building a PowerPoint Pitch Deck
Learning, Researching and Embracing the Loyalty industry
Conducting Clear, Interactive Product Demos
* Broad technology knowledge, having worked in digitalmarketing, and/or custom development projects, systems integration efforts and database systems.
* Experienced as a Business Analyst, Digital Marketer or CRM/Ecomm/Database Manager that has truly understood business and technical requirements.
* Understanding of multiple Hardware and Software Environments and be comfortable with complex learning about heterogeneous systems environments.
* Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technology-centric marketing services agency with a rapidly expanding customer base and able to present to potential prospects.
* Has previously sought out potential problems and project gaps prior to implementation and assisted with taking development projects from the initiation phase through the delivery phase and into production support.
* Ability to share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language in the vernacular of each group.
EDUCATION: BA or BS Degree in Marketing, Information Systems or 5 + years of work experience in IT project management, e-commerce management, digital strategy and/or business analyst experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of client-facing experience in digital product management, strategy, or marketing. Experience with Database Marketing technologies and concepts such as Analytics, Campaign Management, CDI, Data Marts, and Loyalty Management Systems preferred but not required.
If this sounds like you, Kobie may be your next adventure. We can't wait to meet you.