Solutions Data Analyst Intern - Summer 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
Carol Stream, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Customer Solutions team at UPS is seeking a dynamic intern in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, and database management. This energetic and self-driven intern will engage in real world analytics and projects geared towards development of artificial intelligence applications within the Supply Chain and Logistics industry.
The ideal candidate will be part of a visionary development team to help build structured & unstructured data storage along with assisting in designing user-friendly interfaces. This individual will be required to have strong data mining and/or database skills, experience with developing applications and user interfaces, practical analysis/problem solving acumen supported by solid interpersonal and communication skills, and a working knowledge of workplace technologies. The intern will gather and process raw data at scale (including white papers, web data sources, data source API s, project data aggregation, etc.). Intern will also determine changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
* Transform overall vision and goal into real-world project development map and requirements
* Confirms project requirements by studying user requirements; conferring with others on project team
* Interact with vendors to develop technical and product knowledge
* Process unstructured data into a form suitable for application interrogation
* Develop and maintain data dictionary by revising and entering definitions
* Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions
* Design and test user interface for end users
* Protects database by developing access system; specifying user level of access
* Develop and maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Demonstrates leadership attributes within classroom, projects, volunteering
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management
* Ability to multitask and work with cross functional teams
* Produce results per established schedules
* Working towards completing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Informatics, Statistics, Business Management, Finance, Logistics, or Marketing - preferred
* Intermediate or advanced level experience with MS/Excel PowerPivot tables and charts - preferred
* Database Management and maintenance knowledge - preferred
* Experience improving processes and requirements analysis - preferred
* Experience with SQL and User interface design preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity