Solutions Delivery Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSOLUTIONS ENGINEER
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
Provide customers with implementation and support for complex data center solutions including pre-site inspections, initial implementations, customization, and integration with the intent of optimizing customer's operational benefit. Works closely with Datalink sales, technical services and support group, external vendor partners, and the customer to ensure a smooth implementation and transition This position will be responsible for delivering project services primarily during the implement phase of project work, including but not limited to, visits to the customer site, pre-site inspection, initial installation, implementation, customization, integration and outline orientation for the customer.
* Provide implementation support according to design specifications while exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of various technical factors.
* Maintain and increase technical capabilities through knowledge gained in product testing, training, lab development, quality and process improvement.
* Provide post-installation support and knowledge transfer to peers & customers regarding interoperability functionality. Assigning work and resolving problems may provide work leadership.
* Conduct analysis of customer's technology environment using standard assessment tools and design customer configuration building on proven technologies and solutions.
* Develop and maintain strong customer relations thru implementation and support activities.
* All other duties as assigned / Adhere to Company Core Values
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience of 4 years related experience in lieu of degree
* 2+ years hands-on experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
* HDS Specific Skills
* Demonstrated ability to install and configure Hitachi Command Suite 8.x, HTnM, Command Director and Hi-Track
* Demonstrated ability to configure RAID Groups, DP-Pools and Data Mobility (TSM) across VSP G-Series, HUS, AMS, and USP(VM) product lines
* Demonstrated ability to configure Hitachi TrueCopy, HUR, Shadow Image and Thin Image
* Demonstrated ability to virtualize external storage behind VSP G200 - G1000, HUS-VM, VSP and USP-VM
* Demonstrated ability to deploy HNAS utilizing Hitachi HNAS best practices
* Demonstrated knowledge working with HUS110, HUS130, HUS150, HUS-VM, and VSP product lines
* Demonstrated ability to install and configure Brocade SAN fabric and FCIP (7800) switches
* Additional skills in upgrading HCS pre 8.x to 8.x are a plus
* Additional skills in deploying and configuring Hitachi Content Platform, HCP-Anywhere, HDI, Hitachi Compute Platform are a plus
* Additional Areas of Competence
* Data Protection
* Storage Area Networks (SAN)
* Network Attached Storage (NAS)
* Storage Resource Management (SRM)
* Server Virtualization / Converged and Hyper-converged
* Must have excellent knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
* Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, Windows, VMware and/or Citrix
* Competitive Knowledge
* NetApp, EMC, Pure, Nutanix
* Able to travel, not to exceed 40% of the time
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.