This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONNOKIA IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE TECHNOLOGIES THAT CONNECT PEOPLE AND THINGS. WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES FOR ANY TYPE OF NETWORK, NOKIA IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDERS, GOVERNMENTS, AND LARGE ENTERPRISES DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF 5G, THE CLOUD AND THE INTERNET OF THINGS. SERVING CUSTOMERS IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES, OUR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS CONTINUE TO INVENT AND ACCELERATE NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL INCREASINGLY TRANSFORM THE WAY PEOPLE AND THINGS COMMUNICATE AND CONNECT.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
This individual will be responsible for a testing a broad range of IP/MPLS solutions and feeding this back into the feature development process for the 7x50 platforms. Results of the testing will be shared with the internal Competence Centers and Sales Organizations. The individual will also be responsible for in-depth and complex new product introduction and POC testing with service provider customers on Nokia's Service Router product portfolio.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
A very experienced and strong understanding of network design and architecture for IP/MPLS networks is a key for this role, as well as, experience with one or more of the following IP/MPLS solution architectures: Triple Play, MSE, Mobile.
* 6 years related experience in internetworking technologies and applications.
* Strong knowledge of L2/L3 protocols, Network Applications, QOS, MPLS and Network Security.
* Experience with test suites, IXIA and/or Agilent required.
* Working knowledge and experience with IP/MPLS routers required (ALU, JNPR, CSCO, Huawei).
* Strong interpersonal skills - work with people at all organizational levels Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electric engineering
* Similar role/definition/experience within the company or external company
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.