Solutions Windows Development Intern - Summer 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONOnce known as a trucking company. UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Customer Solutions is currently seeking talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. The UPS Customer Solutions internship program is designed to immerse the interns in the corporate culture and expose them to situations in which they can observe management behavior and interactions. The program provides an excellent learning environment. If you are highly motivated and career-minded, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
* Report generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.).
* Develop and expand UPS applications
* Perform continuous engineering to update and add features to existing software applications to upgrade and optimize the application
* Code and test software on technical specifications
* Create documentation related to the project
* Demonstrates leadership attributes within classroom, projects, volunteering
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management
* Ability to multitask and work with cross functional teams
* Ability to work independently and remotely
* Detail oriented
* Produce results per established schedules
* Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems - preferred
* Web development with experience in .NET - preferred
* Database experience SQL Server and/or MS Access - preferred
* Basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity