Sonoma (Santa Rosa) Paramedic (PT)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
Santa Rosa, CA
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Other duties as defined by the formal job description
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Must be at least 18 years of age. Possess a valid California Driver's License, Ambulance Driver's License, and Medical Examiners Certificate. Current state of California Paramedic Certification. Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, BTLS OR PHTLS Provider Certification. Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Some advanced education preferred. Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
Please provide photo copies in color (front & back of all cards/certifications- be sure each one has your signature)
Please Note:: Certification courses that are completed via online classes are not acceptable documents.
Expired Certification Will Not Be Accepted
__California Driver's License
__California Ambulance Driver's Certificate
__CPR Card for Health Care Providers
__Medical Examiner's Certificate
__CA State Paramedic License
__ACLS Provider Card
__PALS, or PEPP Provider Card
__ITLS, or PHTLS Provider Card
__Completion certification or diploma from your Paramedic training institution
__Current complete original DMV driving record print out (must be less than 3 weeks old from DMV)
The online DMV printout is not acceptable; you must provide the original obtained from a DMV office
*Your original DMV printout record must reflect your current valid Medical Examiner's Card and Ambulance Driver Certificate*
Proof of vaccines to include: TDaP, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chicken Pox) and current season Influenza. Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccines in progress will be accepted.
Existing AMR employees must apply on Success Factors through the employee portal.
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.