This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Advanced Disposal Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Generally responsible for sorting recycling material at a Material Reclamation Facility (MRF).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Separates recyclable materials by type
* Places material into correct chutes or barrels to sort recyclable materials on conveyor belt
* Ensures clean work areas.
* As needed, assists in yard work, including mowing and paper pick up.
* As needed, operates general site vehicles and equipment such as water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and write well enough to complete required forms.
* Comprehension of the equipment used and it components and the basic maintenance requirements for safe operation.
* General knowledge of hand and power tools used.
* Must be safety conscience in all job activities.
Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree preferred
Years of Experience: At least one year of experience of same or similar duties preferred
Certifications: Valid drivers license, if required for job duties
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
* Personal protective equipment including dusk mask, ear plugs, gloves, hard hat, respirator, safety glasses, work boots and safety vest, as needed.
* Hand tools including hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrenches and other various tools.
* Machines including lawn mower, truck washer, sweeper, trimming equipment.
* Risks associated with working around moving and rotating machines, tools, and heavy equipment.
* Exposure to chemicals, solvents, dust, fumes other waste.
* Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to discern color sufficiently to interpret warning lights and traffic lights.
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, carry up to 20 pounds, and push/pull up to 35 pounds.
* Ability to fully and effectively use hand and power tools.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled