This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlexus has a current opening for a Source Inspector within NC/IC sector. Qualified candidates will be responsible for the following:
* Product Inspection: Inspect and verify assigned product to ensure that quality, production, and customer standards are met and that appropriate steps are initiated to non-conformities.
* Revision Accountability: Review the production requirements provided in Agile in order to track and verify deviations / ECOs to specifications.
* Product Verification: Compare each product to certified samples or drawings and communicate existing discrepancies to the appropriate teams.
* First Article: Complete first article inspection for Aerospace and Non-Aerospace product in order complete the final required steps prior to shipment.
* Communication: Interact with members of the Quality Assurance and other teams in order to ensure accurate and timely relaying of product and shipment status. Actively communicate with the Quality Engineering team in order to obtain instructions, assistance, and to communicate concerns regarding products/shipments.
Additional Accountabilities & Job Functions:
* System and Process Knowledge: Ability to utilize Plexus systems and processing including but not limited to GSF, Agile, Specification/Work Instructions, ECOs/Deviations in order to ensure customer quality.
* Effectively manage documentation related to Certificates of Conformance.
* Independently seek out component documentation as required using a variety of electronic resources.
* Maintain current working knowledge of soldering procedures, the inspection process and the polarity and recognition of components.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (1%)
* Additional duties as assigned by management
* a minimum of a 1 year or equivalent experience - 3 years is preferred
* A high school diploma or equivalent is required
* Aerospace/Defense experience is preferred
* Inspection Skills - IPC-CIS
* Conformal Coat experience (masking and demasking)
* QA in Conformal Coating, Soldering, and Bonding
* Knowledge of HLA builds
* Intermediate manufacturing experience, including knowledge of workmanship standards
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of all company and customer information
* All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement
* 2nd shift position (2-10PM)
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!