This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
The Sourcing Analyst will report to the Production Manager located at the Wickliffe, KY plant. The position is responsible for supporting all sourcing requirements of the plant and working with the Global Sourcing organization on implementation of sourcing initiatives. This role will be involved, to varying degrees, with all aspects of the sourcing process for the Wickliffe plant including sawdust procurement, project planning, specifications development, supply market research and supplier engagement, evaluation and selection. The position has an analytical component and 'customer-orientation' at its core, which requires strong analytical, project management and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently and in a team environment. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Manage day to day activities associated with sawdust purchasing to include:
* Delivery to the plant including communication to vendors about receiving availability, correcting any billing issues, and communicating to vendors any concerns with the quality of the sawdust delivered.
* Manage day to day activities associated with plant sourcing and purchasing to include creating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and analyzing and aggregating spend detail from SAP/BW. Responsible for assisting with the implementation of the global category plans at the plant level.
* Be the liaison between the plant and the Global Sourcing Category Managers.
* Develop & analyze RFP/RFQs for plant related sourcing events in accordance with Global Sourcing policies and category plans.
* Assist in the implementation of cost savings initiatives and communicate internal changes.
* Review & process purchase orders. Expedite deliveries as necessary.
* Work closely with plant stakeholders, corporate teams and external suppliers in all efforts.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* B.S. in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Forestry from accredited school is preferred, but equivalent experience will also be considered.
* Position requires 2 5 years of supply chain, logistics and/or procurement experience.
* Excellent organizational, communication, relationship building skills, and people skills and the ability to develop processes and strategies independently are essential.
* Strong analytical, business process, and problem solving capabilities
* Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office XP. Knowledge of SAP/BW preferred.
* Experienced knowledge of Microsoft Office XP, SAP/BW and other applications including Access.
* Experienced knowledge of SAP transactions and reporting functions (or equivalent ERP).
* Ability to think strategically about ways to gather business-relevant insights from collected data.
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.