Sourcing Leader II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Sourcing Leader will work as the local owner for assigned commodities and sourcing activities with related suppliers and stakeholders. Responsibilities include working closely with Stakeholders & Business teams to define technical needs and contract with suppliers. Develop, communicate and execute strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives. Negotiate with suppliers (includes bidding, Requests for Proposal (RFP), eAuctions, Should Costing and market rate analysis). Establish/support Preferred Panels with deep talent choices and effective cost controls. Role includes global commodity responsibility and will require close engagement with Sourcing teams globally and across businesses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced services meet the needs of the business.
* Leading the development & execution of sourcing strategies that deliver a competitive advantage while driving strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
* Leading sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
SPECIFIC TO INDIRECT SOURCING RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Drive business metrics affected by indirect sourcing. Identify new areas of opportunity to drive cost out, implement operating efficiency and improve productivity.
* Provide feedback, coaching, training and support to ensure Statements of Work (SOW's) meet business objectives and have necessary controls.
* Interface with Corporate and other Businesses on cross business projects.
* Create new Requests-for-Proposal (RFPs). Use eAuctions. Support established IT bidding processes.
* Support specific sourcing initiatives for assigned commodities (including cash/pay terms, supplier rationalization and simplification).
* Provide clear, concise and timely communication with stakeholders (written & verbal).
* Manage escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
* Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance metrics and drive necessary changes and improvements for assigned commodities.
* Effectively use tools like employee communications, policy recommendations or management dashboards for spend controls.
QUALITY SPECIFIC GOALS:
1. Aware of and comply with the Company's Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of Company's Purchasing Controls Procedure and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements.
5. Develop and maintaining of fully qualified and compliant supply base.
1. Bachelor's degree with 3 years of work experience in sourcing or procurement or a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical discipline with 2 years of work experience in Supply Chain.
2. 1 year of Sourcing/contracting experience or 2 years experience in the business/function using the assigned commodity services with technical depth/knowledge in the subject matter area.
3. Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
4. Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of time.
1. Demonstrate strong execution and project management skills, including the ability to drive change in a team-based environment.
2. Demonstrated ability to identify & implement process improvements/best practices
3. High level of organization skills, analytical thinking, and facilitation skills, including solid presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
4. OMLP or Leadership Program graduate.
5. Greenbelt or Black Belt (preferred) Certification