Sourcing / Mechanical Engineer 8/26/2016
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
The Sourcing Engineer is responsible for identifying cost reduction opportunities and represents Sourcing for New Products Development (NPD) projects. This will be achieved by working collaboratively with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams including Sourcing, Process Engineering, Development, Quality, Regulatory, and Finance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support Sourcing team members in reviewing NPD manufacturing capability). Develop strong understanding of Design For Manufacturing.
* Work with outside suppliers to understand cost drivers based on their manufacturing processes and capabilities. Solicit cost reduction ideas from supplier. Work with Senior Sourcing Engineers to implement supplier cost reduction ideas.
* Participate in core team meetings as the Sourcing team member for NPD projects. Participate in design reviews and risk analysis, order and track prototypes, deliver launch parts to meet or exceed project timeline.
* Follows competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific materials, interacting with other departments as necessary.
* May participate, along with Sourcing management, in internal meetings in the development of strategy and negotiations as a member of a Sourcing team.
* 100 Total Percent (not to exceed 100%)
EXPECTED AREAS OF COMPETENCE
* Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes, especially machining, forging, casting and special processes
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to work with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
B.S. in mechanical, industrial engineering or other engineering science. 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
Up to 20%