Sourcing Specialist - Manufacturing - NC #3006 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _Salary Range Based on qualifications (a good guess is that it will end up _
_** WE ARE UPDATING THE BOTTOM LINE AND THE JOB ORDER TO FIT WHAT THE HIRING MANAGER FEELS HE HAS NOT SEEN. THEY WOULD LOVE A BIG PUSH ON THIS WITH THE NEW QUALIFICATIONS. This is their top priority. _
_Search For: sourcing, new suppliers, negotiating, new products, new vendors, cost savings, manufacturing, raw materials, purchasing, suppliers._
Position Title Sourcing Specialist - Manufacturing - NC #3006
_around $60k to $75k, but keep open). _
Location Thomasville NC
Worldwide manufacturing company with operations in North Carolina. The strength of the organization is a focus on continuous innovation and investments in both product and technological developments.
Responsible for the effective sourcing, negotiation, and management of raw and indirect material supply in a manufacturing environment. Frequently interacts with suppliers to identify and capture opportunities, procure new materials, optimize pricing, and negotiate needs that generate mutual efficiencies. Gathers, analyzes, and reports data in pursuit of a best-in-class supplier relationship management system.
* Complies with all company Safety rules and procedures
* Actively manages a large number of Tier 2 supplier relationships with a focus on cost reduction, consistent high-quality, mutual efficiencies, and long-term opportunistic synergies
* Sources and negotiates critical supplemental materials including, cartons, films, glues, accessories, etc.
* Manages and oversees capital equipment leases and contracts for multiple sites, including forklift and equipment leases.
* Proactively seeks out new suppliers/materials and captures market-driven cost saving opportunities through awareness of market drivers, reverse auctions, and synergistic opportunities while simultaneously improving quality and operating efficiencies
* Energetically participates in new product development process as the primary purchasing resource for finding and selecting new product components and suppliers, with an aptitude for technical detail and manufacturing processes across a wide variety of raw material types.
* Meets regularly with suppliers and provides data driven feedback on supplier performance
* Assists purchasing director in data gathering and analysis, providing recommendations and research in purchasing decisions of key raw materials.
* Proposes and helps lead projects related to material cost reduction and quality improvement using a data-driven approach. Coordinates efforts among Purchasing, Production, and suppliers to reduce material costs while ensuring quality.
* Learns suppliers' processes at a technical level in order to better identify mutually beneficial opportunities.
* Helps build and issue forecasts of anticipated material consumption to external suppliers, sister-companies, and internal groups such as Finance.
* Assists and leads in accurately setting up new product details within internalsystems.
* Maintains a holistic view in every purchasing decision or recommendation, protecting the interests of the company and balancing short-term and long-term benefits.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree with strong quantitative or technical aptitude, or associates degree with 3 - 5 years of manufacturing experience in a quality, supply chain or purchasing-related role.
* Minimum 2 years related experience; interaction with material suppliers.
* Excellent data and analysis skills. Ability to collect, analyze, and report data in a concise, well organized form.
* Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate on a professional level verbally and in writing about technical issues, product specifications, etc. Ability to open an opportunity and also close a deal.
* Strong technical aptitude and quantitative skills
* Strong organizational skills. Ability to track details of multiple projects at multiple stages without getting lost in the details.
* Self-directed, pro-active, get-it-done approach, driven to work with and through others to find and deliver results on time.
* Excellent positive attitude, team player approach, and demonstrated record of high dependability.
* Highly proficient computer skills - Very strong Excel skills (some VBA experience preferred); SAP and RIMSES experience preferred but not mandatory.
* Natural propensity for a challenge and to be a part of a winning team
* Ideal candidate will have an inner drive to continually learn and improve; a constant dissatisfaction with the status quo and the self-confidence to work with others to find and develop new, better solutions are key attributes for success in this position.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. BACHELOR\'S DEGREE PREFERRED.
2. 3+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ON THE NEGOTIATION AND CONTRACT SIDE OF SOURCING INCLUDING SEEKING OUT NEW SUPPLIERS AND INITIATING COST SAVINGS THROUGH NEGOTIATION SKILLS.
3. EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH NEW PRODUCTS AND SOURCING THE VENDORS TO SUPPLY MATERIALS FOR THESE PRODUCTS.
4. LOCAL OR CLOSE ENOUGH FOR A SHORT EASY MOVE.
5. SALARY EXPECTATIONS.