Sourcing Specialist 9/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
As the Senior Sourcing Specialist, this position will be
responsible for analysing the assigned site category
spends, developing key sourcing strategies, leading long
term supplier negotiations and leading/executing key
projects to meet the site s material productivity
performance goals. This position will also work closely
with R&D on NPIs to ensure projects are launched meeting
the margins targets, timelines and with global preferred
A number of the key responsibilities are detailed below:
* Contract Negotiations and contract formalization to
secure Long Term Agreements.
* Sourcing role for NPI s or product transfers as
* Develop strategies and actions to mitigate and
* Bench marking of existing supplier price performance
against potential new suppliers in the market
through comparative analysis. Incorporating lower
cost markets (LCC), Eastern Europe, Asia for
* With existing, preferred suppliers securing best
price through supplier negotiations and
collaboration to include value engineering, other
opportunities including benchmarking to prove
* RFQ, PPV and VE reporting and analysis on a monthly
basis, actual to forecast to target.
* Producing inputs for site monthly performance
* Project management of sourcing projects such as
global bid events, make-buy insourcing & value
engineering cost reduction projects.
* Vendor Rationalisation.
* 6 years experience in similar role.
* Experience in contracts negotiations.
* Demonstrated project management and organizational
* Solid technical knowledge of manufacturing materials
and production process.
* Past experience of product transfers and NPI s.
* Skilled in generating savings and margin expansion.
* Experienced and skilled in global, low cost country
* Decision Making / Problem Solving. Has the ability
to collate information, analyse and make decisions
based on experience and commercial judgment
* Possess past experience/responsibility for making
decisions that has significant impact on an
organization s operational and financial
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Proficient in Excel and other standard MS business
* SAP knowledge preferred/beneficial.
* Both team oriented and can work independently.
* Minimum of BA in business or technical related
field. Certified purchasing accreditation a plus.