Sous Chef - Garde Manger
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Paradise Valley, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Sous Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
* Scheduling of staff according to budget and business forecast.
* Develop additions to menu.
* Training of Staff.
* Responsible for product availability for all restaurant and banquet items.
* Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
* Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
* Directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
* Monitors and has hands on control over daily food production.
* Monitors safety of staff.
* Maintains good working relationship with Front of the House Manager.
* Conducts daily meetings with servers and kitchen staff to discuss additions to menu and to resolve any operation concerns.
* Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
* Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
* Conducts kitchen department meetings.
Previous culinary management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: