- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sow Farm Manager IV
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Clemens Food Group is the industry leader in pork solutions. Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long rich heritage, deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production, logistical services, and transportation. To this day, it remains steadfastly dedicated to continuing previous generations' commitment by operating as good stewards of the community and the environment, offering quality innovative products and services, and working with our business partners, customers, employees, and family members with the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
Country View Family Farms, a Clemens Food Group company, operates in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana. There are over 100 family farms raising hogs under contract, infusing nearly $12 million a year into rural communities.
The primary purpose of the Farm Supervisor IV position is to manage the total operation of the sow farm consisting of 5600 sows.
Audit and manage supply and med inventory
Review safety files
Audit daily PPE inspections
Complete post-accident drug screen
Submit accident report
Facilitate monthly animal welfare topics
Audit EMS program and paperwork
File weekly and quarterly EMS paperwork
Submit CAFO paperwork
Oversee upkeep of farm appearance
Oversee visitation protocols
Investigate HR issues on farm
Execute bio-security program and hold team accountable to policies
Execute animal welfare program and hold team accountable to policies
Execute production policies and hold team accountable
Execute HR policies and hold team accountable
Ensure that all regulatory documents are sent with pigs crossing state lines
Communicate environmental emergencies
Participate in external inventory/financial audits as needed
Ensure team members are PQA+ trained
Approve team member times
Submit 4 week pig projections
Ensure count of and verify animal inventory
Provide inventory variance explanations as needed by deadline
Monitor feed ordering
Complete and submit feed logs
Complete and submit Propane logs
Place supply and med orders
Follow up on back ordered items
Monitor receipt of goods
Recommend changes or additions to supply order form
Verify weekly transportation schedule
Establish quarterly Rocks
Submit maintenance request forms
Communicate weekly with Nursery Service Manager on health and #'s
Execute farm vaccine and med plan
Communicate and train new process changes with ADKAR plan
Approve expense statements
Oversee the collection and submission of diagnostics for surveillance
Ensure adequate supply of CO2, fuel, compost material, safety and maintenance supplies
Schedule compost hauling
Communicate health challenges with vet and Service Manager
Verify scripts to fill farm's need
Oversee changes to semen order and delivery
Execute on Continuous Improvement plans
Monitor and execute farm budgets and targets
Ensure action plans are developed when targets are not being met
Report water meter readings
Audit weekly production data inputs to PigKnows
Assist and mentor team members in resolving PigKnows corrections
Oversee equipment maintenance through scheduled maintenance plan
Ensure that all CRF/MRF's are correctly completed and sent with truck
Ensure CRF/MRF's are submitted to logistics
Troubleshoot production issues
Audit farm ventilation
Audit overall herd health
Audit condition scoring
Alarm system updating
Set up alarm response plan
Complete semi-annual visit to nurseries
Strategy & Planning
Participate in monthly regional farm meetings
Participate in quarterly whole system meetings
Participate in task force as needed
Assist in developing and setting farm budgets and targets
Develop with Sow Service and submit a yearly business plan
Update yearly business plan quarterly
Develop with leads, plan to ensure throughput targets
Facilitate weekly farm meetings to engage team members
Hold team members accountable to targets
Weekly safety coaching of new team members
Set and manage team member schedules
Set up and Conduct Interviews
Open a requisite in Ultipro
Complete New Hire paperwork
Schedule Pre-employment drug screen
Complete on farm investigation of any accidents
Post Panel List for medical care
Participate in review of accident report
Onboarding orientation for team members
Complete and return disciplinary reports to HR
IPP for direct reports
Review non-exempt evaluations
Approval of level I, II, III and cross training
Oversee effectiveness of level training
Follow termination protocols
Communication with HR on holiday pay
Identify and develop top talent
Coordinate and execute training plan for all team members
Recruit as needed
Respond to phone calls and emails in a timely manner (24 hours)
Assist HR as needed with changes to Panel List
Foster community relations with neighbors around farm
Effectively utilize community giving budget
Communicate CVFF vision and mission
Create with Sow Service Manager and communicate farm mission
Model corporate culture and core values
Initiate farm celebrations
* Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or a degree from an accredited technical school; or a minimum of five years related experiences and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Must understand that the Company is a producer of high quality pork and be supportive of the mission of raising swine for meat.
* Must be willing to learn and perform the responsibilities described within CVFF s process manual.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Full service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.