Sr. Space Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Tufts Health Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder direction of the manager, the planner will be a member of a team supporting the THP workplace and building. He or she will manage projects from initial request to implementation. This includes schematic planning and design of space, furniture and finishes changes, coordinating department moves and supporting company events.
* Space management: create layouts and proposals, plan and implement moves, reconfigurations and other space changes.
* Implement on going workplace and building improvement projects, including renovation and general aesthetic upgrades.
* Furniture and finish selection, coordination of ordering, scheduling, installation.
* General facility support functions: event support, building service requests, carpet repair.
* Collaborate and support other projects as needed
EDUCATION: (Minimum education & certifications required)
* College degree, ideally in a related field such as architecture, interior design, facilities management
* 3-7 years of professional experience in the areas of facilities planning, interior design, construction, or move management.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
* Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
* Strong design skills (must have a portfolio to show)
* Excellent Auto-Cad ability
* Ability to read and create plans, furniture layouts, and graphic presentations
* Familiarity with project management and knowledge of construction and facilities processes
* Ability to work independently on several projects at once and be a part of a team
* Enthusiasm and commitment to high quality.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
* Work hours are 7:30 to 4:00.
* Weekend and off hours work is sometimes required to cover events, mange vendors, or oversee a project.
* Travel between remotes field offices and other locations is sometimes required.
* Job does involve extensive walking and standing as well as occasional exposure to construction areas.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled