Space System Architect 8/23/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY United States-California-San Jose
Primary Location: Full-time
Description: Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. Our All Programmable devices underpin today's most advanced electronics. Among the broad range of end markets we serve are:
* High Performance Computing
* Industrial / Scientific / Medical (ISM)
Space System Architect
The Aerospace and Defense (A&D) market business team responsible for all programmable devices deployed in Space applications and the development of Xilinxs leadership strategy and business results for this market is seeking a Space System Architect. The A&D market business team is responsible for space market product planning, solutions (including IP, software and development boards), ecosystem partner, and customer strategies. This organization is also responsible for managing long-term strategic space customer relationships and continued profitable growth within the space business.
BRIEF POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Space System Architect will report to the A&D Market Business Director. The role will focus on the strategic application of Xilinx product technology in the Space market in the commercial, civil, and strategic government missions and satellite programs. Responsibilities include development of targeted solutions, customer and project specific architectural analysis leading to proposals, and engagement with key Xilinx space ecosystem partners. The role includes working closely with sales, A&D marketing and headquarters personnel to identify and develop compelling value propositions for our customers that support continued long-term growth of the Xilinx Space business.
DETAILED POSITION DESCRIPTION:
* Provide vertical space technical expertise, in terms of command and data handling, bus, and payload design, architecture, and applications, to sales teams calling on space customers with the objective of driving sales growth in the space market.
* The Space System architect will work closely with Xilinx engineering and operations to define and specify future Xilinx Space products.
* Identify and characterize, through technical analysis, specific Xilinx Programmable Logic value propositions that can positively differentiate Xilinx products from other (e.g. ASSP, FPGA, ASIC) products in the target space segments. Work collaboratively with sales and marketing to communicate and exploit identified value propositions.
* Prioritize and guide strategic A&D Space segment partners through the definition and development of targeted products and solutions (Space devices, IP, Software, Reference Designs, and Targeted Design Platforms) aligned with customer and market challenges that will enhance the overall value proposition of Xilinx products and increase Xilinx product penetration over ASSP, FPGA, ASIC, DSP, and SOC alternatives.
* Monitor and manage progress at partners where space solutions funding is invested to subsidize development toward space customers needs and goals.
* Develop and maintain key technical relationships with strategic space customers to complement existing or developing sales and marketing relationships. Leverage these relationships to identify customer challenges, needs and be able to influence customer architectures and roadmaps in favor of Xilinx.
* Develop and communicate space market requirements relevant to future Xilinx products, specifically for radiation tolerant devices in advanced technology silicon nodes and packaging.
* Provide insight on space market and customer trends, needs, challenges, and segmentation, as well as related strategic input into the A&D business plan.
MSEE or equivalent degree (minimum).
A minimum of 10 years experience working at a company working directly in Space programs.
Technical expertise in the application of VLSI semiconductor with a working knowledge of embedded processing systems. Familiarity with application of FPGA technology desired.
Knowledge of Space electronics market, trends, and applications. Direct experience with command and data handling, bus, and payload applications and overall space system architectures required. Experience with Single Event Upset (SEU) mechanisms and SEU mitigation design techniques required.
Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation)
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in highly cross-functional and geographically dispersed organizations.
Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated individual
Must have active/current Secret clearance and able to qualify for TS/SCI
Job location is either Xilinx Head Office in San Jose, CA, USA
* Travel required (~30% Local (NA), ~5-10% International)
Schedule: Aug 22, 2016, 12:01:47 PM
Job Posting: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender Identity or sexual orientation. The self-identification information requested is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.
Unposting Date: false
Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment