Spec, Application Support (Evening Shift) in Mason, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Spec, Application Support (Evening Shift) in Mason, OH.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 1:00pm - 10:00pm
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3762903
The Application Support Specialist position is responsible for providing tier three application support for the Healthcare Information Technology Solutions suite of products of Quest Diagnostics. The position entails installation and configuration of proprietary, multi-platform applications, installation of application patches, troubleshooting application and post-installation issues with various teams in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide 24 x 7 tier three application support in a production environment for the Healthcare Technology Solutions suite of products
* Work in a collaborative manner with other departments in the organization including: Connectivity Help Desk, Database Operations, Server and Storage Operation teams
* Install and configure proprietary applications using Continuous Delivery methodologies in a Weblogic, J2EE environment
* Participate in the deployment and troubleshooting of new product releases from the QA environment through to the Production environment
* Work in on-call support rotation to provide 24 x 7 tier three application support
* Maintain Continuous Delivery methodology through modification and development of deployment applications
* B.S. in Computer Science or related field of study preferred
* Minimum of three years application support experience in a cloud based environment
* Minimum one year server based application administration and or troubleshooting experience
* Experience with multiple platforms including but not limited to: Windows 2003 Server, HP-UX, Linux, and Sun Solaris
* Experience with Weblogic, J2EE application servers (JBoss), Web Technologies, and Oracle
* Experience with enterprise application-monitoring tools such as Big Brother, and/or Nagios preferred
* Experience with scripting in various languages preferred
* Experience with ticketing systems such as Remedy or HP Service Manager preferred
* Experience in using Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
* Experience in providing services to internal customers preferred
* Superior listening and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve complex problems
* Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
* Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
* Ability to use oral and written methods to communicate effectively
* Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.