Spec, Cust. Database Solutions - Flexible Location
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Spec, Cust. Database Solutions - Flexible Location.
Schedule: Monday Friday, 7:30am 4:30pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763378
The Healthcare Information Technology Solutions (HITS) organization represents the Technology Franchise at Quest Diagnostics. The HITS organization designs, creates, deploys and supports customer facing technologies for Quest Diagnostics customers. These technologies include Physician and Patient Connectivity tools as well as solutions to support and enhance health plan, hospital and practice workflows and Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides subject matter expertise in the leading laboratory or EMR systems as defined by Quest Diagnostics client base.
* Performs database test code mapping between clients LIS/EMR systems and Quest lab systems.
* Performs database build tasks in clients laboratory systems or EMR systems.
* Participates in interface testing by ordering tests in clients LIS/EMR systems, receiving and verifying results in the system and troubleshooting as necessary.
* Provides guidance and training to client to enable the transfer of database maintenance responsibilities to the client upon completion of project.
* Responsible for multiple complex database build interface implementations projects.
* Responsible for the training of coworkers and support staff on vendor systems as needed, and the creation/maintenance of vendor-specific internal documentation (troubleshooting guides, etc.).
* Responsible for the training of analysts, clients and business unit helpdesks including the preparation and presentation of training materials.
* Provides direct interaction with client and client s vendor.
* Provides 3rd tier support including more complex issues (as defined in the Support SOP) to LIS/EMR-Interface related problems.
* Mentors and is primary resource for Analysts in areas such as HL7 specifications, vendor requirements, business unit LIS requirements, support escalation, communication scripts and software education as needed.
* Design, develop and maintain Boston Workstation scripts which automate job-related manual tasks and interface to internal and external systems.
* Use programming and analytical skills to design and maintain systems using Boston Workstation scripting language.
* Create detailed specification documents.
* Create and execute testing plans and procedures.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience.
* 3 to 6 years of experience with clinical laboratory or EMR systems.
* Prior, proven experience in complex project management is required Ideally in clinical (hospital or physician) settings.
* Preferred 1 to 2 years of experience with Boston Workstation scripting language.
* Subject matter expertise in a minimum of one of the leading laboratory or EMR systems as defined by Quest Diagnostics client base.
* Knowledge to include database build tasks, ordering laboratory tests, receiving and verifying results, report functionality, troubleshooting, and training.
* Preferred knowledge of Boston Workstation scripting language, web systems, and programming language.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills (technically and from a business perspective).
* Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multitask required.
* Familiarity with HL7 standards.
* Proficient with Microsoft office suite.
* Experience with a commercial Integration Engine Product a plus.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.