Spec, Infra Support Srvcs II (Evening Shift) in San Juan Capistrano, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
San Juan Capistrano, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Spec, Infra Support Srvcs II (Evening Shift) in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 7:00pm
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3762869
This position is responsible for all tactical aspects of delivering Regional Field IT Support services for Business Units within a Region, as it relates to supporting laboratory operations. These services include Tier-2 Field IT support, voice communications, data networking, desktop, LIS/BIS equipment, imaging systems, facility systems, security administration, and asset management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Execute small engineering projects including implementation services, effective customer engagement and communication
* Collaborate with corporate engineering teams on project solutions and problem solving.
* Assure the provision of superior technical support to customers by seeking regular formal input into projects, ensuring adequate preparation and communication for all changes.
Desktop Support, LAN/WAN, Server Administration, Imaging Systems, Telecom, Instruments:
* Troubleshoot technical problems and issues in the Field; perform root cause analysis and report findings to Management.
* Perform regular maintenance and backups to all systems in the business units and manage storage according to the defined data retention policies.
* Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve all tickets routed to designated Service Center Assignment Groups according to the established SLA.
* Perform IMAC s all systems as applicable
* Perform maintenance, patches and updates to all systems in a timely manner.
* Monitor and track system maintenance and performance according to SOP s
* Manage change to the environment via Service Center change control.
* Maintain up to date knowledge and skills related to changing technology and services provided by Field IT Support
* Provide clear, regularly scheduled Management Reports and Metrics that evaluate systems and performance against SLA s via standard products including HP Service Manager and Clarity.
* Participate and provide direction for the Regional Field IT Support function, identifying and communicating short-, medium-, and long-term goals.
* Manage inventory, including acquisition and disposal of all IT related equipment according to policies.
* Assist in coordination of asset disposal for Quest Diagnostics Workstation (QSW) machines and peripherals.
* Ensure that the Quest Diagnostics Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) policies are enforced at the Business Unit.
* Must maintain knowledge and compliance of all CAP (IT specific) and other regulatory requirements, assist in maintaining all relevant documentation to support various audits; may assist in executing corrective actions regarding audit findings.
* Up to 80% of Travel
* Clean / valid driver s license required
* On Call Coverage as needed
* May perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree or relevant work experience and certifications CompTIA A+
* 2-4 years
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Physical Requirements Ability to routinely lift 40 lbs; walk long distances; stand and bend in tight spaces; drive short and long distances.
* Mental Requirements maintain composure under pressure; adapts to change; ability to grasp information quickly.
* Demonstrates a level of understanding that fully meets the requirements of this skill area, attained by # of years, evidence of related successful project completion and size.
* Works under routine direction. Uses minor discretion in resolving problems or inquiries. Works without frequent reference to others. Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
* Interacts with and may influence immediate team members. May have some interactions with vendor suppliers and service partners. May have more influence in own domain.
* Performance a range of varied work activities at an Intermediate Level. Contributes to routine problem resolution.
Business / Technical Skill Application
* Applies Intermediate Level methods, tools and applications. Demonstrates rational and organized approach to work. Identifies and negotiates own development opportunities. Has a sufficient communication skill for effective dialogue with customers, suppliers, and service partners. Is able to work in a team. Is able to plan, schedule and mentor own work within short time horizons. Absorbs technical information when presented systematically and applies it effectively. Skilled knowledge in at least 2 of the IT Disciplines (LAN/WAN, Desktop Support, Telecom, Imaging, LIS/BIS Systems)
* Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
* Project management experience and knowledge
* Problem Management - Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications skills
* Strong commitment to customer and employee satisfaction.
* Experience working with customers, both internal and external.
* Experience in a Clinical Laboratory environment desired
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.