Special Accounts Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ALERE HOME MONITORING is the largest, most experienced home INR monitoring service provider in the country. As the leader in the industry and a Medicare (CMS) approved IDTF, weve helped over 16,000 users tracking 500,000 patients and 36 million INR tests by providing the critical tools needed to safely manage anticoagulation therapy.
Our broad range of solutions include fingerstick monitors for real time INR visibility at home or point of care, decision support applications, centralized patient management software, and health management support for individuals testing at home. This process is proven to be the superior standard of care for monitoring warfarin and the most cost effective oral anticoagulant.
We have earned the Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations national standards for health care quality and safety in home care
We improve clinical, operational and economic outcomes for physicians, and offer more
freedom and better quality of life for patients. For our customers, KNOWING NOW MATTERS.
The position supports the departments goals and oversees the day to day operations of the department. Working with the department management team, improves end to end claims processing, data flow, and identifies problems and opportunities for improvement in organizational processes and technology. The Accounts Representative must effectively oversee all insurance verification, billing and collections processes and procedures within Single Agreement accounts.
* Responsible for the management of all Single Case agreements, including data downloads, transfers, charge entries, adjustments, accounts receivable, verification of benefits and interaction with Sales.
* Collaborate with the Manger, Billing and collections and the Alere National Director, Manage Care on reviewing Single Case agreements.
* Serves as the liaison between Sales and AHM in providing benefit exception and Single Case agreements.
* Oversees and ensures the accuracy and integrity of Alere Home Monitorings Out of Network claims, claims recovery, and data by monitoring systems and reviewing configurations.
* Understand the process for verification of benefits, pre-determination and pre-authorization as it relates to the policies and procedures for effective placement of customers.
* Clarify and fulfill customer requires/needs by presenting an accurate financial estimate related to insurance benefits for products and services
* Acquires necessary medical records and documentation for patient charts by communicating via phone, fax or e-mail with other medical facilities, hospitals and insurance carriers
* Answer billing inquiries from patients, staff, and insurance companies and resolve patient complaints
* Review customer account adjustments, write-offs, reconciliations and credit memos
* Resolve customer conflicts regarding account discrepancies and short payments
* Periodically evaluate current policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvement. Implement new policies or revise current policies as needed.
* Provide training to all employees on new and existing contract policies and changes
* Develops and implements operational policies and procedures for the department
* Performs other duties as assigned by superiors
* Follows all regulatory policies and procedures, privacy and security standards in accordance with government agencies to include HIPAA requirements
* Identifies and assists with implementation of business processes and work flow improvements within the organization
* Lends guidance, support, and subject matter expertise to management team and other departments
* Assists with training on a continuing basis
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent
* Five to Seven (5-7) years of Revenue Cycle Management experience preferred
* Complete knowledge of Medical Billing Codes
* Complete understanding of Medicare Rules and Regulations
* Advanced MS Office experience, with an emphasis on MS Excel desired
* Continued Self Improvement courses & seminars related to position along with In House programs provided by Alere Home Monitoring.
* Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and objectives.
* Ability to develop effective relationships with management and associates.
* Ability to use effective problem solving techniques.
* Ability to make decisions while following company procedures and governmental guidelines.
* Ability to be goal oriented and results focused.
* Ability to use efficient time management skills.
* Ability to communicate, both in writing & verbally, with others in a professional manner.
* Ability to attend job related courses & seminars as required.
* Ability to use office equipment that is relevant to job functions.
* Type a minimum of 45wpm
* Detail Oriented
* Strong Computer/Software Skills
* Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
* Organization/Time Management Skills
* Human Relations Skills
* Superior Customer Service Skills
* High Degree of Professionalism
* Fax / Photocopier / Scanner
* Physical Abilities
* Sitting at desk for long periods working on computer using keyboard and phone.
* Ability to lift 15 20 pounds
* Office Setting
Alere Home Monitoring is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability,
please send an e-mail to Ashley.Polnoff@alere.com or call 1-877-262-4669 ext. 7692 to let us know the nature of your request.