Special Education Teacher's
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONANDRUS nurtures social and emotional well-being in children and their families by delivering a broad range of vital services and by providing research, training and innovative program models that promote standards of excellence for professional performance in and beyond our service community.
The Classroom Teacher provides direct and appropriate individualized instruction based on IEP goals and objectives in the subject areas according to the New York Learning Standards and develops social skills while maintaining classroom discipline and safety.
The teacher collaborates with a multidisciplinary team that includes milieu therapists/assistants, social workers, parents and other professionals in the education and treatment of each child. The Teacher reports student progress by reviewing the IEP on a quarterly basis, completing a daily computer log, participating in quarterly Planning Conferences, and by issuing report cards. This is a 12 month position.
Middle School Teacher and Art Teacher position available.
Hours - 8:30AM-3:30PM daily, except for one day per week so designated for staff conference; 3:00PM-5:00PM.
The qualified candidate will possess:
* New York State Certification in Special Education or subject area
* Teaching Experience Preferred
* Must be willing to both work with, and seek to increase their sensitivity and competency in working with clients with diverse characteristics that may include, but are not limited to any of the following: race, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical and mental health histories, and differing socio-economic backgrounds.
* Must be willing and flexible in service provision to clients in terms of location of services, which may include, but are not limited to: in agency facilities, in the client's home, in the client's community, at the client's school, in another service provider, etc. as indicated by the nature of service and the client's needs.
* Must be willing and able to participate in the supervision of all paraprofessional staff that work in the classroom.