Special Events Coordinator (Part-Time) - ReqCode 574412
Horseshoe So. Indiana - Elizabeth, INThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Horseshoe So. Indiana... Horseshoe So. Indiana
- Elizabeth, IN
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Part Time
- Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Caesars Entertainment means winning. And it's our employees who make that winning experience possible for our guests. So it's only natural that we would reward our people with excellent compensation and benefits, as well as outstanding opportunities for professional growth.
For the best careers in the hotel and casino industry, you just can't beat our winning combination. With an unmatched record of success and a commitment to the highest standards of business integrity, we're able to offer exceptional individuals more opportunities for challenge and growth. And, as part of Caesars Entertainment, you'll enjoy all of the advantages that come from working with the premier industry leader.
Horseshoe Southern Indiana is owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment. As the world's largest riverboat casino with over 90,000 sf of gaming action, we're located just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, Kentucky and situated in Elizabeth, Indiana (Harrison County). The property is just 10 minutes south of New Albany, Indiana on Hwy 111.
Caesars Entertainment/Horseshoe So. Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: With a friendly, upbeat and positive attitude creates an exciting atmosphere that will surprise and delight the guests. Assists with the coordination and communication of various property events and promotions. Takes an active roll by attending and assisting with the execution of those events and promotions.
Qualifications: College degree in Marketing, Business, or similar field preferred. Previous event planning or other marketing related experience is preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age or older. Excellent communication skills, oral and written, are a must. Must be proficient with computers and applicable software, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to multi-task under time constraints. Must be detail oriented, a critical thinker and be able to problem-solve. Must have well-developed interpersonal skills, as well as an upbeat and positive attitude. Must have a professional appearance and be a team-player.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assists with maintaining the calendar of scheduled special events and helps to ensure files are in order and contain the proper information.
* Becomes knowledgeable and stays up-to-date on the property and all facilities in order to assist guests with directions, information, promotions, events and emergency situations.
* Coordinates various productions with emphasis on script development, production and maintaining professionalism in the work place.
* Assures effective communications are maintained within areas of responsibility.
* Within areas of responsibility, resolves problems that may occur. Communicates resolution to Event Specialists, as well as the Entertainment & Events Supervisor.
* Assists with coordination of approved events with emphasis on quality, as well as remaining within budgetary guidelines.
* Participates in and monitors events, ensuring objectives are being met.
* Maintains open communication between departments and coordinates departmental roles in events.
* May assist in the preparation of submissions required by the Indiana Gaming Commission concerning special events.
* Assists with operations of other major special events, as necessary. ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button