Special Hazards Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Cranberry Township, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SPECIAL HAZARDS TECHNICIAN SIMPLEXGRINNELL
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Perform installation, inspection, service and repairs on special hazards fire suppression and attached electronic fire alarm panels and other related building system products.
* Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers' special hazard systems (including Ansul, Chemetron, Pyra-Ion, Cardox, Kiddie-Fenwal, FM200 or Inergen).
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
* Manage daily call activity and program system products, including completing inspection and service call reports.
* Assist customers with all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area.
* Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SG work.
* Wear appropriate safety equipment as required.
* Properly secure all SG tools and equipment at the end of each work period as to prevent loss or damage.
* May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Comply with Corporate Safety Programs.
* Uphold governance of Tyco Guide to Ethical Conduct.
#externalREWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who were looking for
High School Diploma or Equivalent
1-3 years fire suppression experience prefered
Valid Driver's License with good driving record
Applicable State Licensing
Strong communication and customer service skills
Work independently with minimal supervision
Walking/climbing for an 8 hour
Climbing and working in awkward and cramped positions and sub-floors
Lifting/pushing objects weighing over 50 pounds
Strong organizational skills