Special Procedures Tech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
With minimum supervision operates radiologic equipment and assists physicians in performing radiologic procedures in a professional manner while providing quality diagnostic procedures. These methods are established through the use of the procedure manual ensuring the best quality care possible is given and that all standards are observed. Assist in other areas of the Radiology department in a caring and helpful manner.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Prepare and execute all diagnostic procedures treating every patient with dignity, respect, and compassion. Demonstrates a caring and helpful attitude to patients, physicians, and co-workers.
3. Assist the Radiologists with fluoroscopic procedures and acts on any physician orders to assure the best possible radiographs are presented for interpretation.
4. Complete all necessary paperwork for each procedure including the locating, labeling and presentation of films to Radiologist. Completion of all patient chargeable entries into computer is also necessary.
5. Prepare and maintain all rooms with the necessary stock of linens and supplies. Reorder as needed or bring to supervisor's attention if stock is low.
6. Observe patient for unusual reactions or events and properly report event to Radiologists or a Registered Nurse. Report erratic operation of equipment to Supervisor and/or Bio-medical personnel.
7. Observe radiation, personnel, and patient safety measures.
8. Must be able to take call when fully competent in the department
9. Must be able to demonstrate sterile technique, assure proper permits are signed, and hold arterial pressure after completion of case.
10. Must know the proper use of all equipment including Digital, Cath Lab, Arteriography Equipment, R/F Rooms, Cine Processor, Pressure Injector, and other related equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred minimum of one (1) year of experience in a hospital or physician office environment, but will accept students from and AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Must possess excellent human relations skills to promote growth among staff members. Must be able to objectively make decisions regarding any associate or departmental conflicts. Must also be able to demonstrate good writing and speaking skills to communicate effectively.
- ARRT, RT (R). Must be registered or registry eligible and complete the requirements for certification within the first year of employment.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.