Specialist Channel Business Development Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Manager Big Data, Analytics and Cloud Business Development
JOB TITLE MOST COMMONLY RECOGNIZED IN THE MARKET PLACE FOR THIS POSITION: Alliance Manager, Business Development
NAME OF PERSON OR JOB TITLE OF PERSON THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO: Senior Director, Software Alliances and Business Development.
Job Overview :
The Manager of Big Data, Analytics and Cloud Business Development is responsible for the overall Big Data, Analytics and Cloud Alliances strategy and implementation globally. The Director will manage and build a team of Alliance Managers over time to help manage key alliances and execute the plan.
This position exists to help create and drive revenue opportunities by managing the overall business alliance partnerships, development, execution and cross-functional coordination of existing and new partnerships in the Big Data, Analytics and Cloud industries. This position acts as the coordination point for partnerships and building an ecosystem of software relationships that support market share growth for HDS. The individual will be expected to be the resident expert regarding alliance partners, including their market segments, customer lifecycle, sales processes, competitive landscape, complimentary solution capabilities and key stakeholders in order to develop and execute on a market plan.
A successful individual will be able to informally lead colleagues in product management, sales and supporting functions in the development and execution of a coordinated partner growth strategy. Specifically, the individual will develop senior level relationships with Alliance partners, working across all sales teams, and all other facets of our business to create mutually beneficial relationships. Success will be measured through development of a strategic roadmap, tactical execution of initiatives, strategic wins, and overall revenue growth.
Job Function includes but is not limited to:
* Develop and guide execution of overall Big Data, Analytics and Cloud Ecosystem partnering plan
* Establish partner initiatives to drive a) increased close rates, b) higher average order values, and c) increased number of proposals for the Hitachi sales force
* Recruit and manage Big Data, Analytics and Cloud software alliance ecosystem
* Lead implementation of strategic alliance initiatives with the prioritized partners to drive significant revenue potential for Hitachi Data Systems. Initiatives could come from Distribution, Major Market Activities, Strategic Services Relationships, Co-Development and the alliance as a customer
* Creation of enhanced co-selling programs that join the forces of the strategic alliances and the Hitachi Data Systems sales force
* Conceiving, creating and executing global programmatic activities to enhance Hitachi Data Systems status with the global alliance
* Driving Hitachi Data Systems product/services revenue to, though and with assigned partners, from Paid Referral, Resell, OEM and partner pull-through revenue from partner solution/consulting sales. Acting as single point of contact for all Hitachi Data Systems HQ to global alliance HQ communication and daily activity
* Identifying marketing and business generation activity that will result in Hitachi Data Systems contribution revenue associated with the global alliance accounts assigned
* Educating internal Hitachi Data Systems sales professionals on the global alliance, its value to Hitachi Data Systems, and go-to-market plans that will enhance Hitachi Data Systems customer position
* Maintaining active lead management and sales funnel activity with assigned global alliances
* Assimilating technical product advantages into winning business propositions for global alliance assigned, including, but not limited to, BI solution development and technology integration
* Regularly communicating with Hitachi Data Systems Sales and Marketing executives in support of global alliance assigned and its activities in support of Hitachi Data Systems mission
* Working collaboratively with Marketing and Technology groups to produce partner-specific collateral briefs, and white papers
* Securing partner commitment and participation in Hitachi Data Systems product launch events, PR activities, and marketing events
* Represent the Software Alliances team as the Big Data, Analytics and Cloud industry lead and expert.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, PLACE OF ORIGIN, ETHNIC ORIGIN, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, AGE, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, TRANSGENDER STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, PREGNANCY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE NATIONAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW. PRIMARY QUALIFICATIONS
* 10 years of work experience within the Business Intelligence, Analytics or Big Data industries with progressive responsibility in Alliances, Business Development or Sales
* 3 years of recent work with named Business Intelligence, Analytics or Big Data industry software company or its eco-system required
* Experience with cloud-based and enabling software companies as well as cloud based technology and business models.
* Experience in leading cross-functional teams required
* Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as strong team and interpersonal skills.
* Very strong organization, program management and execution skills.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to execute with limited supervision
* Must be able to take in a broad array of possibilities, requests and requirements, then focus, prioritize and implement the plan
* Exceptional business acuity, technology prowess and strategic analysis skills
* Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstrated analytical skills.
* Experience recruiting and managing large, global, complex alliances
* Up to 40% travel required.
* Preferred Location: Boston, Denver or SFO Bay Area