Specialist Compensation Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OVERVIEW
Primarily responsible for providing Human Resources Business Partners and their client organizations with consultative support for all compensation actions. The position is part of the Total Rewards (TR) team and will work with TR members around the world in a variety of compensation areas.
As part of the Total Rewards team, this position develops, implements and administers compensation strategies, policies and programs. Some of the activities include:
* Reviews employee data and provides analytic support and insight related to the analysis.
* Responsible for educating HR and the broader employee base on HDSs compensation philosophy.
* Support HR/TR Transformation by identifying and making recommendations on process improvement/simplification.
* Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive pay and practice information to help determine company's competitive position.
* May prepare special studies and recommendations on compensation related topics.
* Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
* May review job content and job descriptions to identify consolidation opportunities.
* Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment. This may include executive pay and level recommendations.
* May review proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
* Formulates recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
* Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action.
* Responsible for understanding basic benefits administration and may be required to assist with benefits administration on some occasions.
* CONSULTING/CUSTOMER SERVICE Serves as a consultant for the assigned business on compensation issues. Executes strategies that ensure full understanding of pay practices and philosophies throughout the company. Ensures best practices are available to customers to help them run their businesses; provides solutions. 40%
* ANALYSIS AND RECOMMENDATIONS - Provides comprehensive analysis on a variety of pay related topics along with fact based recommendations 40%
* PAY PROGRAMS Ensures competitiveness of compensation programs. Creates processes, coordinates and administers increases, incentive plans, and variable pay plans. Evaluates, implements, and communicates company pay philosophy and programs throughout organization. 20%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
* 5 years compensation experience; international experience a plus to support global organizations.
* Experience in having ownership and implementing compensation plans, miscellaneous incentive programs, working with representatives from multiple functions(HR/Finance/IT, etc..) as well as senior/executive management
* Experience working in Finance function is a plus. Comfortable dealing with financial aspects of compensation including cost-modeling, budget allocation, accruals, etc..
* Advanced excel skills: Comfortable working with large data sets and standardizing/merging/organizing data from different sources. Extensive experience in performing complex excel functions including lookups, pivots, macros, etc.. Ability to transform data into presentable chart/graph/tables, etc..
* Ability to lead teams and improve performance by establishing new business practices and procedures.
* Very good communication skills. Ability to adapt to different personality styles and unique needs of different functions.
* Bachelor degree
* Sales compensation experience a plus
* Experience with Xactly Compensation system is a plus
* Experience with SQL is a plus