Specialist, ERP Development (SAP-ABAP)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Florham Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Zoetis, Inc. is the world's largest producer of medicine and vaccinations for pets and livestock. The ITS Global Solution Center organization provides support to Zoetis business including the support of the global SAP solution.
The Specialist, ERP Development / ABAP will work integrally with the Global Solution Center (GSC) organization, external service providers and the Zoetis GSC for providing Business as Usual support of SAP solution within the corporation to support the global Animal Health business.
* Hands on ABAP Programming and Code Development role for providing Business as Usual support of SAP within the corporation which involves break fixes and change requests
* Provide root cause analysis and implement corrective action plans on SAP related incidents
* Help identify and initiate process improvements (continuous improvement)
* Producing gap analysis to identify alternate solutions specific to SAP development and providing technical recommendation
* Design, implement, test and support changes required to meet the business needs
* Develop, implement, document, and test disaster recovery solutions and procedures for SAP systems
* Help define required policies and procedures and standards to maintain a global SAP Landscape
* Design and implement technical solutions for SAP RICEFW objects and incident fixes. Update and maintain technical documentation.
* Architecting end to end solutions across solution sets.
* Understand Service Level Agreements for Incidents and provide technical expertise and process improvements to adhere to the timelines
* Perform thorough analysis to identify all potential impacts for change requests. Determine complexity and provide resource/cost estimates
* Help Conduct Unit tests, Integration tests, Regression tests, Performance Tests and Disaster Recovery Tests
* Work to ensure audit, SOX and other compliance requirements are met
* Coordinate with offshore teams as required
* Train and transfer knowledge to other team members, users and stakeholders as required
* Gather and analyze business requests to determine how best to create successful resolution for new requests and issues
* Ensure customer expectations have been met through delivery and ongoing execution of services
* Follow governance processes that facilitate business prioritization and align with ITS
* Contract FTEs (Possibly)
* Other less experienced employees and team members of the Global Development Operations and broader GSC.
* Bachelor Degree or higher and equivalent experience in Technical, System Administration, IT Infrastructure Management or Business field
* 6-9 years or more of SAP development (ABAP RICEFW) experience
* Work experience must include the following:
* ABAP development hands on technical knowledge:
* BDC, Batch and Direct Input Programs, and LSMW
* BADIs, Switch Framework, BTEs, and FI Validations and Substitutions
* ALV and OOPS
* SAPScripts, Smartforms and Adobe Forms
* Dialog Programming, RF Transactions and ABAP/Java Web-dynpros
* Integration with SAP Netweaver PI
* SAP workflows
* Ability to maintain and develop complex custom programs and interfaces
* Ability to work independently, effectively coordinating multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment and also in a team-oriented, collaborative environment,
* Adept at understanding customer challenges, navigating from problem to resolution and communicating process and resolution effectively both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated ability to work across organizational regional and global boundaries, ability to multitask and manage multiple enhancements in a cross-divisional and cross-functional environment
* Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management and staff
* Good knowledge of SAP Supply chain, APO Demand Planning, APO Supply Network Planning, Manufacturing, Supply Network Collaboration, Sales and Distribution, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes is a plus.
* Experience with SAP APO, GTS, TM, NFe is a plus
* Experience supporting solutions such as Ariba, SAP T&E, Fieldglass, OpenText, Sabrix is a plus
* Good written, oral and presentation skills.
* Customer focus
* Strategic thinking and analytical skills
* Timely decision making and problem solving skills
Some travel may be required.