Specialist - Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This person corresponds with the technical engineers, Project Mangers or other project staff to identify the material needs, various standards and specifications for the materials as well as develops the material lists or material requisitions which are then entered into the Company procurement software. This person also tracks the material purchase in coordination with Procurement and provides expediting services when needed, participates in receiving the materials and verifies that the materials delivered conform to the standards and specifications and quantities ordered.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years' experience in engineering, procurement expediting and materials purchasing and/or related activities.
- Must be knowledgeable of engineering principals, standards and specifications and industry and regulatory rules and regulations pertaining to the 49CFRParts192 and 195 pipelines and related facilities and other industry, standards guidelines and codes.
- Analytical ability and ability to review, understand and interpret engineering drawings, alignments sheets, survey data, industry and regulatory codes and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and prepare technical documents such as bill of materials, status reports, material variance reports or documents, etc.
- Possess general computer literacy and ability to prepare spreadsheets using Xcel. General SAP experience and knowledge preferred.
- Honesty and high ethical standards are paramount in the procurement of and working with material vendors.
- Valid driver's license.
- Overnight and extended travel will be required.
Excel and SAP and general engineering understanding preferred. Ability to understand, interpret engineering drawings and specifications mandatory. Interpersonal skills - high degree of interaction with a variety of groups from field construction personnel, vendors and internal personnel (environmental, engineering, operations), team-oriented and self-directed.
Has the ability to be proactive rather than reactive. Can operate as an independent self-starter with some degree of limited supervision.
Reports to Sr. Engineering Specialist or Manager, Engineering. Travel required. Job to be filled commensurate with experience and skills.
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications