Specialist GL Accounting 8/25/2016
A New Beginning - Genesis 2
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIALIST GL ACCOUNTING
This position may perform any of the functional accounting responsibilities supported by the Finance Shared Services Organization, including the various day-to-day accounting tasks such as booking journal entries, reconciling accounts, preparing reports, analyzing financial data for all North American legal entities. The position will be heavily involved in the month end close and reporting process.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists in the North America monthly closing process by completing items required to effectively close the books (booking journal entries, analyzing transactions, partnering with other support functions, etc.). Must work closely with Finance Shared Services, our company's Business Services and Corporate on the guidelines and any changes to the processes.
* Assist in the complete process of preparing, reviewing, coordinating, and reporting actual financial results accurately and timely. Assists in the preparation of non-recurring reports and/or schedules for "ad hoc" requests as they arise.
* Responsible for the various day-to-day accounting tasks across the accounting functional areas such as reconciling accounts, preparing reports, analyzing financial data, etc. The functional areas include: Reporting, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Cash and Benefits Accounting.
* Accountable for delivering service and meeting objectives defined in the SBS Service Level Agreements for all North America businesses.
* Partners with the business units to continuously improve the services, accuracy and timing of the reporting function.
* Maintains and cultivates strategic partnerships with North America controlling and management teams to ensure integration and implementation of efficient process and policies.
* Supports external and internal audit requests and ensures team's compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements for assigned areas.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited four-year college or university.
* Minimum of 3 Years experience in public accounting.
* The position demands a considerable amount of service orientation, built around the concept of internal customers.
* A tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to accept change as part of overall process.
* A willingness to accept and address resistance to change and opinions of others.
* Excellent communication both in writing and verbally, proactive, willing to challenge the status quo, ability to problem solve and investigate issues independently and as a team, and to effectively collaborate with other cross-functional teams.
Base Salary - $50,000 to $80,000
Benefits - Full
2+ to 5 years experience
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Also, please understand this may take time for both of us working together to help advance your career. I will do my best for you and never charge you anything for our time and efforts.
In all cases we always have several jobs not yet published on the WWW, listed on linkedin or posted to our company website.
Many full job descriptions and base salaries in your field of experience can be viewed in various sections on -