This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
* Understands the availability of residential loan relief programs to which a customer may be eligible and can effectively communicate those requirements to the customer.
* Receives incoming customer calls and returns requested calls in a timely manner
* Ability to evaluate customers current status and offer all applicable solutions
* Provides high level of customer service under difficult circumstances and has the ability to diffuse customer dissatisfaction to result in a positive outcome.
* Collects delinquent accounts and reschedules payment as necessary to minimize delinquencies and foreclosures.
* Contacts delinquent customers to re-establish a payment pattern, and negotiate or re-negotiate payment schedules to avoid foreclosure when alternative forms of relief are limited.
* Adheres to the highest and best use of client tools/technology to achieve the best workout results for the customer.
* Compile data surrounding the customer's reason for delinquency and document findings in the system.
* Adheres to approved call management techniques to ensure contact remains consistent with regulatory and compliance guidelines.
* Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of call center experience * Knowledge of call center/collection environment and customer service
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to perform calculations using calculators and systems
* PC skills, windows environment, word processing, spreadsheets, and E-mail software
* Remain current on programs, products and guidelines
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
* Strong de-escalation skills
* Residential loan servicing experience preferred
* Bilingual preferred