Specialist IV/V Project Controls/Financial
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
West Monroe, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
This position is responsible for providing financial and project controls support to the division manager.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Develop detailed planning schedules utilizing Microsoft Project software
- Perform scheduling analysis and prepare and update project costs based on analysis
- Cost and resource load schedules and ensure they reflect accurate phasing
- Prepare reports in accordance with client requirements and advice on corrective action to recover deviations from plan, as necessary
- Be able to analyze quantities, production rate assumptions and level engineer s estimate for construction planning and scheduling.
- Evaluate project risks and produce risk analysis reports
- Track project costs, and assist project managers by regularly reporting costs, managing change orders, and communicating with corporate accounting
- Review division financial reports and data (utilization, profit and loss, etc.)
- Provide order of magnitude cost estimates for projects
- Collect and analyze data to prepare weekly and monthly financial and budgetary reports, documents and graphs
- Monitor project cash flows and forecasting costs
- Prepare reports and presentations
Candidate Specification Bachelor's degree preferred, Accounting degree is a plus
5+ years of experience in Project Controls
3+ years of experience with cost estimating, budgeting and accounting
Experience in the oil and gas industry, with preferred experience on large infrastructure projects
Candidate should have technical skills involved in scheduling, cost loaded schedule development, and schedule analysis
High level of experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project and PowerPoint), with advanced level of Excel experience, including formulas and pivot tables
Excellent attention to details and ability to organize and prioritize workload
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Must be self-motivated and a team player, with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
Must be flexible regarding the work schedule.