This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Monitors and influences the performance of the Regional Distribution Center (RDC). Expedites and intercedes with the network flow of products when needed to insure shipments are delivered complete and on time to our customer. Works with materials management, transportation, various warehouses, SDP's, planners, sales service reps and our third party logistics providers. Monitors/verifies the status of all trailers in-transit for the RDC, and monitors production (via other logistics specialist, plant personnel, and other warehouses) to ensure that shipments from RDC are complete to customer. Looks for opportunities to improve trailer utilization and to reduce stops between the RDC and customers. Plans and executes the equipment returns balancing the cost and cube associated with back hauls. Works with dedicated fleet to select shipments daily to maximize utilization of dedicated fleet and balance overall transportation cost with common carriers.
* Strong analytical capabilities
* Knowledge of Distribution process, including supply chain, planning, scheduling, finance and manufacturing.
* Basic knowledge of Transportation process
* Basic financial skills
* Must have strong verbal and presentation skills; to conduct meetings and make presentations to all levels of management.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
* Able to build external relationships (customers and/or suppliers)
* Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the fields of supply chain, distribution or business.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast paced distribution/cross-docking environment.