Specialist - Safety
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONWorking in the Corporate Safety department and reporting to the Safety Manager, the candidate will support company and department objectives related to safety, emergency response, industrial hygiene, regulatory compliance, safety auditing and training. He/she will work as part of the safety team to support all operating, measurement and engineering activities, and the division safety representatives. He/she will assist with the development, training and implementation of ETP's safety processes and procedures. The selected candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to assist / lead safety related activities, including operations support, safety audits and incident investigations.
- 3 - 5 years of safety experience in pipeline (Gas, Refined Liquids, and/or Crude), refinery, petro-chemical or related industry.
- Bachelor Degree in Safety, Science or a related discipline or an equivalent amount of work experience.
- ASP or CSP preferred but not required.
- Strong regulatory knowledge (OSHA - General Industry and Construction, DOT)
- Auditing techniques
- Training development and delivery
- SOP development
- Accident Investigation & TapRoot or other causal determination techniques
- Computer skills and ability to learn and work with company programs (Windows Office, Incident Tracking Database, MSDS Database, etc…)
- Management of programs such as hearing conservation and respiratory protection.
- Knowledge of DOT driver regulations and programs is a plus.
- Incident Command System
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the company
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory standards to industry situations
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and objectives
- Ability to work independently with little oversight based on objectives
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications