Specialist, Technical - Latin America - Flow Cytometry (STSLAFC)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Technical - Latin America - Flow Cytometry Specialist. The Technical Specialist - Flow Cytometry (TS) is a blended role with a primary focus to direct, coach, train, mentor, and support Sysmex Field Service, Distributors Field Service and Applications teams. The TS will function as a focal point for product and technical knowledge as well as information exchange with Technical Support and other Customer Care teams. The TS will also assess the technical progress, and recommend, develop and implement training plans to address any developmental needs for Technical Consultants (TCs), Field Service Representatives/Engineers (FSRs/FSEs), Technical Solutions Representatives and other Customer Care associates as needed, as well as Distributors Biomedical Technicians (BMETs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Field Support and Escalations - Exercise independent judgement and discretion in effectively managing the resolution of customer instrument issues by providing timely second and third level technical support during the troubleshooting process, supervising and directing the work of field service personnel and managing customer relations.
2. System Implementation - Lead customer installations of all Flow Cytometry platforms. This will include pre-installation activity including consulting with and advising the TCs, FSRs/FSEs, BMETs and or customer on installation planning, supervising and directing the work of the onsite installation team. In this role, the TS will travel in Latin America and the Caribbean as required.
3. Customer Care Training Responsible for the evaluation, development, facilitation and implementation of technical training (including onsite training, virtual classes, job aids, and video tutorials) on existing and new product lines for the Field Service, and Applications teams as well as Distributors BMETs.
4. Maintain a high degree of knowledge on Sysmex and competitive flow cytometry product platforms, sample preparation systems and flow cytometry analysis software. Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and technical skills.
5. Contribute to the development of new flow cytometry products by providing Field Service input to the design and serviceability of the product. Work with Development Partners to develop Field Service Manual, spare parts inventory and related support material.
6. Development of any required service procedures or product updates, including implementation plans.
7. Interface with local countries Sysmex Regulatory departments to develop any Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA) plan for flow cytometry products.
8. Interface with Sysmex departments to implement procedures necessary for Service support throughout the territory.
9. Design, develop, facilitate and evaluate technical training materials (e.g., class, videos, eLearning, job aids) for existing and new flow cytometry products.
10. Contribute to the launch of new and existing products and services in various capacities including technical training, installs and field support.