Specialist -Technical Sales 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 90 years, Specialty Granules LLC (SGI) has been a leading producer of semi-ceramic coated, colored mineral granules for the North American residential and commercial roofing industry. Our longevity is a testament to our dependability as a supplier and the durability of our products. We take pride in the long-term relationships we have cultivated with the roofing industry's manufacturers.
A privately held company, we have the ability and resources to provide exceptional customer service through our high standards of product quality, innovation, and responsiveness to the needs of our customers.
In addition to our Headquarters and Technical Center in Hagerstown, MD, we operate 4 manufacturing locations across the U.S. - Blue Ridge Summit, PA (also called Charmian); Annapolis, MO; Pembine, WI (also called Kremlin); and Ione, CA.
In each of the communities in which we are located, SGI has become a premier place to work. Our employees enjoy our strong emphasis on safety, our positive work environment, competitive wages and benefits, and our long term stability.
The Specialist-Technical Sales position focuses on the development of markets or products for granule and mining by-products generated in the granule making and mining processes. This position also supports granules sales. This position is also focused on developing knowledge and expertise in the sales, distribution / logistics and customer service area of the granules business.
The essential duties of this position include:
* By-products - Create, identify and develop markets and/or products to consume (several hundred thousand tons) of Granule & Mining By-product material
* Granule Sales - Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the roofing business and spend approximately 30-40% of time in granule customer support, and relationship development with customers and logistics/distribution providers.
* Develop and maintain customer files to monitor contract, supply agreement expiration/renewal and pricing changes proactively.
* Manage the logistics (truck, rail, etc.) required to support the By-product business while expanding relationships in and knowledge of granules logistics.
* Maintain relationships with customers (by-product and granules) once the business, product, and or relationship is established.
* Develop and maintain market knowledge, competitors, pricing, volume market trends, etc.
* Develop sales forecast, volume, pricing revenues and assist in setting of goals and objectives.
* Prepare reports as directed
* Communicate sales issues to management team, assist in resolving any product related or customer issues (possible credit and collections activity).
* Other duties, special projects as assigned.
Specialty Granules LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
A successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status.
* Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and history of success in sales, customer and market / product development processes.
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline, Material Science or Business. MBA preferred. Other technical undergraduate degrees may be considered.
* 5+ years of successful experience in sales, market, product or business development. Exposure to aggregates/industrial minerals, building materials, cement and/or asphalt and logistics.